Question about return "sonics not associated with kids music

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shellsings
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Question about return "sonics not associated with kids music

Post by shellsings » Fri May 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Hello

I did a cover of Hush Little baby for the listing below and it got returned because the screener said the "sonics aren't instantly associated with children's music"

Here is the quote "
Thank you Michelle for submitting "Hush Little Baby", it's a very cool singer songwriter arrangement, the sonics are not instantly associated with Children's music.
What does that mean exactly?

here is the song

https://soundcloud.com/michellelockey/h ... -piano-mix

listing

U140515CH

PUBLIC DOMAIN CHILDREN’S SONGS are needed by a Music Supervisor for a very popular Daytime Talk Show on a Major Broadcast Network. She’s actively searching for upbeat, fun, contemporary versions of songs like “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star,” “Itsy Bitsy Spider,” “Hush-A-By-Baby,” “Pop Goes The Weasel,” etc. Please check out the link below for a more complete list of Songs that you can choose from: http://bit.ly/1llYLYw But don’t stop there! You may know of songs that are not on the list above. That’s okay! As long as the Song is in the Public Domain, it will be considered for this placement. Quoting the Music Supervisor: “I need a song which incorporates something young, like a glockenspiel. There has to be a sound and tone that’s appropriate for, and instantly associated with Children’s music. Keep it young, upbeat, and fun. We don’t want anything that sounds too sophisticated or mature.” You’d be wise to stay away from any dance club re-mixes for this pitch ;-) Your song can be in ANY stylistic genre, as long as it has a CONTEMPORARY sound. She’s NOT looking for old-timey, dated, or traditional sounding versions for this use. ALL tempos will be considered, but songs in the Goldie Locks range (Not too fast—Not too slow) should work best. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). There will be a license fee of $500 for use of the Master onl

HectorRContreras
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Question about return "sonics not associated with kids m

Post by HectorRContreras » Thu May 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Hello dear Michelle,

I can hear your Song at your TAXI Page.

"Sonic", I read :
"relating to or using sound waves.
• denoting or having a speed equal to that of sound."

So I guess that the Screener is referring to the Sounds of your Song : "Hush Little Baby". Well, there are a lot of different Sounds in a Song, by definition. It is Music after all.

I can hear a lovely female Voice, ever so gentle and maternal.
I can hear a Ukulele.
I can hear a little Toy Xylophone.

A Toy Xylophone.jpg
A Toy Xylophone
A Toy Xylophone.jpg (19.91 KiB) Viewed 643 times
With no other Sounds that could be odd or disruptive. It is very light and sweet.

I do not understand either, dear Michelle. :o :? :cry: [/color]