Here's one for "a la We Gotta Get Out Of This Place"...

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Here's one for "a la We Gotta Get Out Of This Place"...

Post by Casey H » Fri May 23, 2014 8:25 am

Here is a song written by Scott Free, F-M Cossey, and me for the listing below...

Already submitted so we're not looking for specific suggestions on things to change at this time. So just kick back and enjoy! :D :D :D

8-) FMScottOwitz

https://soundcloud.com/caseyh/lets-ride
Retro inspired ROCK SONGS with Male Vocals are needed by an A-List, Hollywood Music Supervisor for a very successful, HIT TV SHOW. He’s on the hunt for for Mid-to Up-Tempo Songs that have some Psychedelic era influences. The songs below will help get you in the stylistic ballpark: “We’ve Got To Get Out Of This Place” by The Animals: http://bit.ly/RxzIow “No Time” by The Guess Who: http://bit.ly/1sbBqax “My Back Pages” by The Byrds: http://bit.ly/1izLuVo Quoting the source: “We need songs with a cool vibe and some ‘weight’ to them. We don’t want anything too pretty or light, and nothing too hard-core or dark. This should be the kind of song that tough guys would listen to while working on their motorcycles or heading out on a road trip.” Lyric themes about life, money, the road, finding your way, good vs. evil, drugs, guns, money, etc., could all potentially relate well to this show and its characters. Lyrics that are somewhat deep and profound are encouraged. They need something with a little gravitas for this show, and NOT typical, sugary Pop stuff. Universal lyrics should work best. Please avoid specific references to names, dates, times, places, brands, etc. Your song should sound like it’s been played by a real Rock band. Jangly guitars, melodic bass lines, and groovy drums with lots of harmonies will help guide your song to the front of this pack. Your song does NOT have to be an authentic vintage master recording. Recently recorded songs with the right sound, vibe, and lyric themes are fine. The estimated license fee for this use is $1,000 - $3,000. This is a Direct-to-Music Supervisor pitch, so you'll keep 100% of your Master and Publishing rights, plus you'll also get 100% of the sync fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control 100% of the Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). All songs will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a person hand picked by the Music Supervisor. No full critiques. Please submit 1-3 Songs no later than MONDAY, May 19th, 2014 by 2pm (PDT). TAXI #U140519RS

johnlewitt
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Here's one for "a la We Gotta Get Out Of This Place"...

Post by johnlewitt » Fri May 23, 2014 9:10 am

Cool track. I bet you had fun making that one!

Robtoons
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Robtoons » Fri May 23, 2014 11:13 am

Nice! Is that Cossey's or Scott's vocal?
Was not expecting "we're all gonna die" at the chorus, but it works!
Cool tune! Cheers, -Rob

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri May 23, 2014 11:19 am

Robtoons wrote:Nice! Is that Cossey's or Scott's vocal?
Was not expecting "we're all gonna die" at the chorus, but it works!
Cool tune! Cheers, -Rob
Guest vocalist... "L'Angelo Misterioso"

:mrgreen:

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Sat May 24, 2014 6:10 am

Great song, reminds me of the Doors. Good luck with your submission guys and girl :)

Tom

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:38 am

Hi all... Question...

We've gotten really good feedback on this one. It was forwarded for the first listing it was written for and we have a similar submission pending. It did get turned down by that ultra selective west coast library but there's no way of knowing why--- that can vary from the song itself to their particular needs, etc.

One thing that concerns me (Robtoons mentioned it) is having the chorus begin with "We're all gonna die". Is that too negative and too "jarring"? Would it be better to make the "let's live for today and ride" point without something negative like that?

Appreciate the help. Special thanks to my co-writers Scott and FM!

Lyrics at the soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/caseyh/lets-ride

:) Casey

rdance
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by rdance » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:40 am

great track casey (et al)! i would leave the 'die' line in...it's part of what that era was all about. (schlitz beer..."you only go around once in life, gotta go for all the gusto you can get"...or something like that).

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:52 am

rdance wrote:great track casey (et al)! i would leave the 'die' line in...it's part of what that era was all about. (schlitz beer..."you only go around once in life, gotta go for all the gusto you can get"...or something like that).
Thanks Richard.... Yea, I'm just wondering if we can make the point that we're all gonna die one day so we need to live for today without opening with that line. It might be fine as is and I'm just overthinking! Some film/TV execs key right in on the chorus and how that would work in a scene. For example, sometimes music sups/editors have the verse lower behind dialog and then bring it up in the chorus. Hearing "we're all gonna die" as the first thing concerns me.

Again, I overthink a lot!!! :shock:

:D Casey

rdance
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by rdance » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:16 pm

i think it would only be an issue if the song started with the chorus. but the screener/sup/library owner is going to hear the verse first, on first listen. i think they'll get it.

ps, i know this is a difficult choice, since film/tv music is used in pieces so much. but too much second-guessing can also weaken a song. i know i've done that plenty, ha ha!

personal opine. happy deciding casey! :mrgreen:

sguiles
Impressive
Impressive

Post by sguiles » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:56 pm

All I know is that this is a great sounding song that totally feels like it came from that time period.
Well done!!

Uber-Collab!
Steven Wesley Guiles | FB | Taxi | Tweety | NewCoolNow |

"You can't wait for inspiration.
You have to go after it with a club."
— Jack London