First return

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

uncbilly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

First return

Post by uncbilly » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:25 am

Got my first return to day. Fully expected it to be a return, only about 10% shot, i figured. My tune was off-target tonally and too much of a story for the listing, but I figured it may get some traction because it was pretty much the same progression as one of the referenced artists.

Screener gave a quick comment, even though it was a non-critique listing. Thanks #374!

2lane
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First return

Post by 2lane » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Hey UncB,
You'll get going soon enough I expect. It's a little easier when you know it's a long shot. It'll be a test though when you think it has somewhere over a 50%
chance though. And even more the higher over that it goes :D
Was it Bible Belt Man? I like that tune ;)
BTW, on the comment from the screener...a few years ago, many getting returns, asked Michael if he could make it where they could just get a line or two from the screener as to why it got returned. I was for it then, but it has become a double edged sword at times. Sometimes it clears up the return, other times, it makes you go WTF!!!
Cheers,
Steve
Worse, how can it be worse...Jehova Jehova Jehova

HectorRContreras
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by HectorRContreras » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:31 am

One day Hector had "Salsa Meringue" for one of his very best Studio Recorded Latin Instrumentals, and we thought that it was not right.

It is a kind of Critique that gives absolutely nothing beside being totally untrue.

Another day, I had "Elevator Music" Ah that one intrigued me, and I researched the term. And finally I was happy with it.
It is a kind of Music that are heard in Shopping Males and Public Places of the like.
Well, why not ? That is good in a way.
It was a Music Composition that TAXI asked once, for Charity. There was no payment to be expected.
It is at my SoundCloud :
http://soundcloud.com/catherine-armant/i-feel-inspired

Almost every time, myself, and even Hector (except for his Studio Recorded Music), we were told that it was too Synth or too Midi. So we understood that we did not have the Tools ("Pro Tools" ! ;) ), so we stopped.
And Hector big money was going to change many things ... :( :cry:

RockChild56
Impressive
Impressive

Post by RockChild56 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:56 am

other times, it makes you go WTF!!!
Cheers,
Steve

EJB
Last edited by RockChild56 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E J Bell

uncbilly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by uncbilly » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:09 am

It'll be a test though when you think it has somewhere over a 50% chance though.
I hear that. I was glad that my first one was throwaway. It was a tune called Any Broken Heart, which is way not right for most TAXI listings.
thanks for the compliment on Bible Belt man! :D
"Elevator Music"
I even hear John Lennon playing in the supermarket now, so, yeah, that's a good comparison.