can I sell Drumcore, if I already installed it on my PC?

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

wen
Impressive
Impressive

can I sell Drumcore, if I already installed it on my PC?

Post by wen » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:06 am

I'm not sure I will ever really use this, and Addictive Drums, which I also have, just seems easier.

But I don't know if I can just turn over my serial number/registration whatever to someone if I do manage to sell it on eBay.

Anyone know? There's a little thing in the CD that says if you don't register in 30 days it won't work. I did register, but that makes me wonder if the whole registration process is a bit tricky.

I have Drumcore 3 and the PureDrums1 Rock and Pop.

cheers
wendawilliamson.com

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: can I sell Drumcore, if I already installed it on my PC?

Post by andygabrys » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:42 pm

the main thing IMO is if you actually sell this, you need to wipe your PC of any trace of it, and actually any production in which you used it is actually an un-authorized use and you are on the hook if........

every manufacturer has different ways they handle re-selling content. Some don't go for it like EAST WEST. Others where there is an iLok license do allow it, and there is a certain fee that iLok gets for the license transfer.

the registration thing is probably unique to the Drumcore peeps and its worth a call or email. Naturally they want people to buy it new so they may or may not be very cordial in their response but one would hope they can be the bigger person.

as for the 30 day thing - yeah Finale used to do that too. If you just installed it it would allow you to use if for 30 days after which time it wouldn't even start up unless it was registered and serial number input to their registration wizard.

wen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by wen » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:33 pm

cool, thanks andy!

I will email the rep.. I came across an email from her today as I was cleaning up stuff.

I haven't put anything out using Drumcore. I never got it right on the song I tried it... I just didn't like the interface much.
wendawilliamson.com

elser
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by elser » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Just throwing this out there. You might want to spend a little more time with it before you decide. It's the only program that I know of where you can use an audio file drum loop played by, let's say Matt Sorum and then use samples of the exact drum kit he used for the loop to create your own beats and fills. I've found that to be very useful. Just sayin'.

wen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by wen » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:54 pm

Actually, you're right.

I will be keeping it.

For one, Lonnie Wilson is on there, and he lives across the street from my sister in Nashville. That in itself makes it cool enough to keep.
wendawilliamson.com