An Opportunity of Sorts - Song For Signed Artist

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shanereaction
Active
Active

An Opportunity of Sorts - Song For Signed Artist

Post by shanereaction » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:01 pm

I'll try and keep this short - but I can't see that happening (cross your fingers for me).

Anyway, I've been friends with a young singer for quite a while, we went to school together (and had a few messy nights along the way), and she recently signed a record contract after appearing on a UK talent show. (Since her appearance she's had a top 10 album and a top 30 single, appeared on numerous TV shows and completed a mini-tour).

It was only recently that I admitted to her that I write lyrics and after having a read of some of my things she was impressed and said I should put the songs to music and if she likes what she hears she'll see what she can do with it.

Of course as I mentioned earlier, I write lyrics and not music (for now anyway) so I was both thrilled and wary when we had this conversation.

She's more of a ballad/adult contemporary singer although her debut album does showcase how diverse she can be (but only contains two original songs).

To cut a long story short, if anyone's up for having a look at the lyrics I showed her, I can send them your way. Just contact me privately on here and I can send you the details etc.

I thought it'd be worth a try to see what we can pull out of the hat. (I also have other connections but none as close and reliable as this one)

Shane.

shanereaction
Active
Active

Re: An Opportunity of Sorts - Song For Signed Artist

Post by shanereaction » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:52 am

Thanks to everyone who got in contact :)