Are TAXI reviewers sometimes too nice?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bohemianlife

Are TAXI reviewers sometimes too nice?

Post by bohemianlife » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:00 pm

I submitted for a Y submission and the only thing the reviewer didn't check for why it was not forwarded was vocal performance. Do they sometimes not mark something because they don't want to hurt your feelings? I was expecting several of the categories to be checked as to why it was not forwarded from reading peer to peer evaluations, but they only checked one. Is that to be believed? Thanks.

This TAXI is actually interesting and fun, and the forum people are really nice. Glad I joined.

Also, I love watching TAXI TV on USTREAM. That show is hilarious and very informative.

niallyboy
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Are TAXI reviewers sometimes too nice?

Post by niallyboy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:19 pm

dig your humility.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:46 am

bohemianlife wrote:I submitted for a Y submission and the only thing the reviewer didn't check for why it was not forwarded was vocal performance. Do they sometimes not mark something because they don't want to hurt your feelings? I was expecting several of the categories to be checked as to why it was not forwarded from reading peer to peer evaluations, but they only checked one. Is that to be believed? Thanks.

This TAXI is actually interesting and fun, and the forum people are really nice. Glad I joined.

Also, I love watching TAXI TV on USTREAM. That show is hilarious and very informative.
On Y/N listings, the only thing the screeners are required to show is Forward/Return and a check box for the MAIN reason(s) why. Any additional feedback or comments is purely optional. It depends a lot on which screener, which listing, how much time they have, etc.

Historically, Y/N listings were just that. You got a pure Y or N response. Then Taxi added the checkboxes for reasons why. The comments field was rarely filled in. We've actually been very lucky in recent years that quite often the screener adds a sentence or two in comments. This has spoiled us a bit. We appreciate the extra info, Taxi! But we shouldn't assume it will always be provided in Y or U listings.

Best thing to do is invest in a custom critique. Make sure you have a list of specific questions and areas you want the screener to focus on. You can even mention the specific listing you were returned for.

And, of course, if you haven't already, post the song, lyrics, reason for return, and full listing text in P2P. You'll get lots of good info from your fellow members.

HTH
:D Casey

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:11 am

When you get a return, you will respond emotionally in some way, that is to be expected when you're engaged and enthusiastic about your music. In that situation, it's hard to take a lot of negative feedback in. So, most likely, the screeners give you feedback on one thing that stood out more than anything else.

That way the feedback can stay constructive, by helping you focus on improving one thing, even though there might have been more. If you have gotten a laundry list of things to improve, you might get paralyzed and to frustrated to improve any of them. So, I believe they are not too nice, but one thing at a time can be helpful to prioritize your efforts with the particular piece of music.
Ceo of my own life