Electronic Based Instrumental Cue

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DanLuedke
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Electronic Based Instrumental Cue

Post by DanLuedke » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:36 pm

Cass and I collaborated on this one. Is it a fit? All comments welcome! Thanks in advance!

https://soundcloud.com/dansguitarstudio ... -b/s-7jtff

NEW LISTING -- ELECTRONIC BASED INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an A-List, worldwide Production Music Library that's looking for new material and composers to add to their roster. They're eager to find Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that could be heard on the same playlist as acts like Hot Chip, Cut Copy, Holy Ghost!, etc. Give them compelling Cues that have a cool groove, great melodic hooks, and contemporary production values. This World-Class Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, and they sometimes sign artists as well, so deals will be offered on a case-by-case basis. You must own or control 100% of your master and composition rights. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). Please submit one to three Instrumentals online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than Thursday, July 24, 2014.
TAXI # Y140724EC
Dan Luedke
Website
Spotify
Apple Music
Amazon

“Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.” -Bill Gates

johnlewitt
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Electronic Based Instrumental Cue

Post by johnlewitt » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:05 am

Dan,

Neat track.

In a different edit, this could be used for video game placements!

I don't know the referenced artists, but I the track definitely works (structure, mix, variations, etc). There are 2 things I'd change....

1) Is that a guitar coming it at 0:47 and 1:34? Or a guitar synth? It seems out of place and slightly out of time. I'd re-track it with a different sound and fix the rhythm.

2) Beef up the button ending. It sounds like you've run out of gas instead putting the car in park.

Best of luck with it.

John

DanLuedke
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DanLuedke » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:27 am

Thanks for listening, John!

Now that you mention it, I am totally going to make a video game version of this! I had a lot of fun with an 8-bit listing in January. Thanks for the suggestion!

I retracked the guitar. Will post later.

How to button this track naturally will take some more thinking.
Dan Luedke
Website
Spotify
Apple Music
Amazon

“Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.” -Bill Gates

feaker66
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker66 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:21 pm

Very cool Dan Isn't Cass fun to work with. Great guy.

I am digging the complete sound. I might be way out of line here, but at 47 sec to 1:14. it gets messy for me. Seems like things are fighting a bit there??

You have to realize I am the least talented guy here to break down a tack :oops:

Take it with a bag of salt:)

Looking forward to the poished finished product

Good luck

sincerely

Paul
Thankfully, while growing old is compulsory, growing up remains optional!

https://soundcloud.com/feaker66

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=883613

rdance
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by rdance » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:46 pm

i think it's a winner!

bwd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by bwd » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:42 pm

Definitely in the ballpark. I'd never heard of Cut Copy until now. Cool band! Reminds me of Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark from the 80s. I had to google the spelling of that! No wonder they changed the band name to OMD. The sound in the background with the slower attack sometimes feels out of place. Not sure if it needs that breakdown near the end. From what I've picked up, music editors will often drop a track into the mix with the ending in place and then work backwards, so the breakdown might hurt the flow.

JamesCarvalho
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JamesCarvalho » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:40 am

hey dan,
I can shed some thoughts.

1 I would agree there is guitar out of sync in there (perhaps played live without buffer adjustment and giving a performance delay)
2 the feel for me is 80-90s euro house ( that could change vey quickly with side chaining pumping bass and synths)
3 another thing for me I would do get a little tape stop effect in there (great for button endings cue points)
4 the production is balanced to me, the arrangement not very complex, but light and fun.

hope you don't mind the late feedback, I don't get out much. lol..
Freelance Composer, Singer/Songwriter, Artist