A fitting farewell!!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LittleRedChurch
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

A fitting farewell!!

Post by LittleRedChurch » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:28 pm

I'm broke. Teachers are on strike up here in BC, Canada. I can't afford to renew! :( But I will, once we rise from the ashes of arbitration!! In the meantime, what a great way to say a temporary good bye! My old standby, Don't Look Back, featuring Rob Carroll on mandy, got forwarded to some movie listing... Just squeaked it in, under the wire, in the eleventh hour, in the nick of time, etc etc etc

Wait...

here....

CONTEMPORARY INDIE FOLK ROCK SONGS with Male OR Female vocals are needed by a Music Supervisor working on a Feature Film for a Major Hollywood Studio. He's on the hunt for contemporary sounding, Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs that could be found on the same playlists as bands like The Wildfeathers, Mumford & Sons, The Apache Relay, etc. Please listen to the following songs to hear an example of the tempo, tone, and vibe that could work for this pitch: “The Ceiling” by The Wildfeathers “I Will Wait” by Mumford & Sons “Home Is Not Places” The Apache Relay Give him emotionally upbeat songs with big, anthemic chorus hooks. Your song should have an organic, earthy sound and feel like a real band playing real instruments. A healthy mixture of Folk instrumentation such as: mandolin, acoustic guitars, fiddle, piano, etc., combined with a solid Rock line-up of bass, drums, and electric guitars could help your song get noticed by this Supervisor. Your vocal performance should be sincere, compelling, and engaging. No particular lyric themes are needed, but as always, you’d be wise to give them universal lyrics that avoid mentioning specific names, dates, times, or places. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). Please do not copy or rip off the referenced artists in any way, shape, or form. The estimated license fee for this is $1,000 - $6,000, depending on the ultimate use.

The song is here... if anyone is still interested!! :roll: For the umpteenth time...

https://soundcloud.com/graham43/dont-look-back-rob-5

I wish everyone success! Really really really sincerely!

Little Red Church

All is well.... :)

byllsong
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: A fitting farewell!!

Post by byllsong » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:34 pm

You can still be a part of the forum. :)
Billy

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bobporri » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Graham, I'm sure you know these things, but if you collaborate with members, you can still have things submitted. That, and being here on the Forum, will be like you never have to leave. I feel these are some of the ways that Taxi does business that sets it apart.

And Holy WOW on the song :!:

Bob P.

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:04 pm

Don't go anywhere, Graham. Just like Bob said, you can still be active on the forums, and your fellow Taxi collaborators can still submit on your behalf.

From one broke teacher to another,

~~Matt

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Oh, and congratulations, haha. Didn't mean to leave that part out!

~~Matt

jdstamper
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jdstamper » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:41 pm

Hello Graham, that's a great song for film / TV, I hope something happens with it. Music like this should be making enough that you could teach just for fun. In any case, I hope the labor thing is resolved quickly and favorably.

Jim
Jim Stamper
Production Music ... from Underscore to Overdrive
https://www.taxi.com/members/jimstamper

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:48 am

Hey Graham

That is a great song and I hope it lands a deal for you. Also, look on the bright side of the strike, now you have more time for music :) But seriously, like the rest of the members pointied out, you can still take part in the forum in various ways.

I was on strike once for three months ( in Winter of course ) and I know that your mind is probably on other things right now. So I wish you all the best, and if you must go, please hurry back! We need your inspiration :mrgreen:

Tom

HectorRContreras
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by HectorRContreras » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:25 am

Dearest Graham,

Nope, you do not have to say good bye, or farewell, ... instead you may want to stay with us here at the Forum, because you can, even though that you are not renewing your Membership with TAXI.

You can contribute that way, as I do.

Do not worry about your Teacher Job, Monique is there, and your Family.
If I was you I would be like Robin Williams, as saying say good bye as a Teacher to a School and to the Students is not easy.
But, you can continue as a Private Teacher !
I was a Private Teacher too.
With your Musical skills and immense flair, you can still make a difference in a young Musician life. In many young Musicians life.

Oh how much I would like to listen to : "Don't Look Back"

Sent to a Major Hollywood Studio ?! Oh big money there if they choose you. I wish that they do. I sincerely do.
Last edited by HectorRContreras on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mobster85
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by mobster85 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:08 am

Absolutely you should stay on the forum and collaborate. Then you can continue on. I am in my 2nd year with Taxi but I wish I would have gotten involved years ago. Stay connected dude. It's the only way.

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:56 pm

I hope you get the deal and things work out for you! "Don't Look Back" is a nice piece of work, Congrats on the forward!
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers