Good place to back up your projects online?

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TheElement
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Good place to back up your projects online?

Post by TheElement » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Just a thought...What about Google Drive. Can this be used to backup? I've been using it to share wav files..
Hollywood Music In Media Award Nominated Record Producer from The BahamasFacebook | Soundcloud

kclements
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by kclements » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:16 pm

TheElement wrote:Just a thought...What about Google Drive. Can this be used to backup? I've been using it to share wav files..
I tend not trust services that I don't pay for, especially from google. So, for a long term backup, I would choose google drive, or iCloud, or Dropbox ... for that matter. If budget is an issue, I would get a large hard drive and back up to it and DVDs, and take the DVDs off site. I think that is better than trusting a free service.

Just my thoughts
Cheers
kc
kayle clements

When opportunity knocks, you better be dressed and ready to go!

clementunes.com | taxi | soundcloud

TheElement
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by TheElement » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:01 pm

kclements wrote:
TheElement wrote:Just a thought...What about Google Drive. Can this be used to backup? I've been using it to share wav files..
I tend not trust services that I don't pay for, especially from google. So, for a long term backup, I would choose google drive, or iCloud, or Dropbox ... for that matter. If budget is an issue, I would get a large hard drive and back up to it and DVDs, and take the DVDs off site. I think that is better than trusting a free service.

Just my thoughts
Cheers
kc
Thanks. I don't mind paying. So you would choose Google Drive? Is that paid as well?
Hollywood Music In Media Award Nominated Record Producer from The BahamasFacebook | Soundcloud

kclements
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by kclements » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:09 pm

TheElement wrote:
kclements wrote:

Just my thoughts
Cheers
kc
Thanks. I don't mind paying. So you would choose Google Drive? Is that paid as well?
Nope. I wouldn't choose goggle drive. I chose Crashplan and Amazon s3

Cheers
kc
kayle clements

When opportunity knocks, you better be dressed and ready to go!

clementunes.com | taxi | soundcloud

TheElement
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by TheElement » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Ok thanks. 8-)