CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN LISTING

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

divinorivera
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN LISTING

Post by divinorivera » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Need your thoughts about this listing: I'm having a dilemma. It mentions to have "implied religious message" and "avoid specific names" too. Is it okay to have "God" or "Jesus" in the lyrics? Or to be safe better not?

INSPIRATIONAL CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN SONGS with MALE or FEMALE VOCALS are needed by the Music Supervisor of a faith-based Independent Film. He’s looking hard to find some great Mid-Tempo Songs in the general stylistic wheelhouse of artists like Chris Tomlin, Christy Nockels, Aaron Shust, etc. Please listen to the referenced songs to get a solid understanding of the sound, vibe, and message he’s looking for: “I Will Follow” by Chris Tomlin “Ever Lifting” by Christy Nockels “We Are Free” by Aaron Shust Submit positive, hopeful, and emotionally uplifting songs with an implied religious message – not overt Worship-based lyrics. Lyric themes about being a good person, paying it forward, loving and helping others, etc., etc., etc. could all work well for this pitch. Be sure your vocals are strong, with an intimate, heartfelt delivery. Songs should have emotionally moving melodies with an engaging hook-driven chorus that leaves the audience with a true sense of hopefulness and optimism. The more universal your lyrics are the better, so please avoid specific names, dates, times, brands, profanity, etc. Please do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). The estimated license fee for this use is $100-$200. This is a Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% of the sync fee and 100% of any applicable performance royalties. You’ll also keep 100% of your Copyright and Master ownership. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. All Songs will be screened on a Yes/No basis. No full critiques. Please submit 1-3 songs no later than 4pm (PDT) on MONDAY, September 15, 2014. TAXI #U140915CC

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN LISTING

Post by Casey H » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:30 pm

I would say that if the referenced artists typically mention God or Jesus in their lyrics, then you should be OK. The language "avoid specific names, dates, times, brands..." is pretty standard advice for film/TV music. If you wrote a song with a line such as "My girl Susie lives on Elm Street", well you'd be hard pressed to find a film/TV scene in which that would work.

So check out the references artists work if you are not already familiar... Let that guide you... Just an opinion!

Best of luck!
:D Casey

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN LISTING

Post by funsongs » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:45 pm

I would avoid using names like "Bill"... or "Judy"... :? 8-)
if it's a Christian listing... fwiw.
Cheers.
Peter
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra