First submission, first forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

eliforshort
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

First submission, first forward!

Post by eliforshort » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:01 am

Hey all! Brand new here, my name is Elias. I just posted an introduction in 'General Hangout', but I thought I'd get a quick 'brag' in as well 8-)

My song 'Pretend' was just forwarded for this opportunity:

U140917NS

AUTHENTIC, ORIGINAL 1990’s ERA SONGS are needed by a Hollywood Music Supervisor for a new TV Show that takes place in… wait for it… yes, the early ‘90s! He’s specifically looking for Original Songs that you recorded between 1990 and 1995. Got some old demos that sound like they could have been a hit, but never got signed? Do you have any old masters? That’s what he needs! The Music Supervisor is NOT looking for songs you recorded recently with ProTools and tried to make sound old. He’d love to get his hands on songs in any radio-friendly genre that you actually recorded during that 1990-1995 period. He half-jokingly said, “If they’ve got stuff they recorded on an ADAT, I want to hear it!” Here area some examples of music from that period. Note that he’s open to just about anything that would have made the charts during those early ‘90s years, NOT just material that sounds like the stuff on this list: Groove Is In the Heart by Deee-Lite, Hold On by Wilson Phillips, Two Princes by The Spin Doctors, (Everything I Do) I Do It for You by Bryan Adams, More Than Words by Extreme, I’m Too Sexy by Right Said Fred, Hey Jealousy by The Gin Blossoms, I’ll Make Love to You by Boys II Men, The Sign by Ace of Base, All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow, Waterfalls by TLC, etc., etc., etc. All Tempos will be considered, and songs with both Male and Female vocals can be submitted! He needs songs that are Broadcast Quality. But in this case, that means a good clean recording and a well-balanced mix, but he doesn’t want it to sound like today’s Broadcast Quality. He expects that your old recordings will sound like they were done back in the day. Typical sync fees for this show range from $100-$500 depending on placement and length. This is a Direct-To-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% of your Publishing and Master rights, plus you’ll also keep 100% of the sync fee and applicable performance royalties. You must own or control 100% of the Master to pitch for this opportunity. Note that this network tends to frequently re-run their shows, so the back-end could be really good. All Songs will be screened on a Yes/No basis. No full critiques. Please submit 1-3 Songs no later than Wednesday, September 17th, 2014, by 4pm (PDT). TAXI #U140917NS

You can hear the track on my TAXI page, http://www.taximusic.com/artists/eliforshort

Piewackit1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: First submission, first forward!

Post by Piewackit1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:02 am

Congrats and Welcome. Nice tune...sounds like the Gin Blossoms.

ochaim
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ochaim » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:41 pm

Great track and congrats on the forward!

Gypsygal
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gypsygal » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:55 pm

Hey Brad, fellow Canuck (different coast) WOW your song "Pretend" is sooooo good! You're making waves right out of the gate - soon you'll be the new Gretsky of Taxi !
Congratulations !!! Keep em comin !!!!
Diane Ridaeus

eliforshort
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by eliforshort » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Thanks for the love everyone! I've yet to hear back, but I imagine that is fairly common. Takes awhile?

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:37 am

Congrats on the forward. !!! More CanCon is always a good thing too - nice tune - reminiscent of Gin Blossoms (lead vocals). I am originally from just east of vancouver and lived in Van for 6 years. Welcome!

Re: getting contacted after a forward. If you are offered a deal, it might be anytime. My personal range is from hours to 4 months at this point. Not every forward results in a deal though, it varies widely depending on who was listing. If it's for an advertisement, it's a low chance but big payout. It goes on from there.

There are a variety of threads such as this one that might be of interest:

http://forums.taxi.com/topic128950.html

HTH!
Last edited by andygabrys on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:40 am

Congrats. This song sounds Authentic... Good Luck, Hope you hear from the Supe!

Russell
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

WaddyP
Impressive
Impressive

Post by WaddyP » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Congratulations on your 1st forward. I took a listen and really liked it. Keep up the good work.

dougamell

Post by dougamell » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Nice job Elias! A score on your first try! What a great tune.
I have 20 rejections so far in my first month :-p

And great to see a fellow Saskatchewan native getting some props :-)

Doug

https://soundcloud.com/doug-amell

jdstamper
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jdstamper » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:23 pm

Welcome, that's a cool track and definitely sounds like Gin Blossoms. So great to get a forward your first time out, that's rare.

Getting an offer from a forward doesn't happen as often as we might like, but I think you've got better than average odds with this one.

Good luck. Jim
Jim Stamper
Production Music ... from Underscore to Overdrive
https://www.taxi.com/members/jimstamper