2 forwards for U140915CP SOLO PUBLIC DOMAIN CLASSICAL PIANO

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rksinger
Active
Active

2 forwards for U140915CP SOLO PUBLIC DOMAIN CLASSICAL PIANO

Post by rksinger » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:18 pm

I probably would have gotten another forward but my third song was Ave Maria which the critique said was too popular - it was the Lizst version which I though wasn't as well known.
I should have played it safe, there are plenty of obscure classical pieces I could have picked from.
Anyway, the ones I got forwarded are on my Taxi music page:

Concert Etude no. 3 in Db (Un Sospiro) (Liszt)
Paganini Etude No. 3 La Campanella (Franz Liszt)

U140915CP

SOLO PUBLIC DOMAIN CLASSICAL PIANO INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Hollywood Music Supervisor working on an extremely popular TV show. He’s hunting for Mid-to-Up-Tempo pieces, and here’s a quote from the Supe which tells you what he needs: “We need pieces that steer clear from the hugely popular piano pieces. Covers of (but NOT limited to) Chopin, Mozart, Bach, Verdi, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, etc., could all easily work for the scenes in mind. The time period of the piece being covered doesn’t matter so much as the quality of the cover.” The show’s characters consider themselves Classical Music snobs, so send him full-length Instrumentals that sound like something they’d listen to while sipping wine the rest of us probably can’t afford ;-) Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). Material that sounds like a cheap sample played by a MIDI-driven computer won’t work well for this pitch. Send him something that sounds like the real deal, played by a talented, passionate human. You’d be wise to stick to traditional arrangements of the covers you submit. Don’t go outside of the box, or they may not recognize the piece. Note: We ran a similar listing for this show in June, but they need a wider range of some “less popular” pieces this time around. If you submitted for TAXI Listing # U140606SP, please don’t submit the same material for this pitch. The estimated fee for this Master License is $500 - $1,000, depending on the ultimate use. This is a Direct-To-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% of your Master rights, plus you’ll also keep 100% of the master license fee. You must own or control 100% of the Master to pitch for this opportunity. All Instrumentals will be screened on a Yes/No basis. No full critiques. Please submit 1-3 Instrumentals no later than Monday, September 15th, 2014, by 11am (PDT). TAXI #U140915CP

davedwards
Impressive
Impressive

Re: 2 forwards for U140915CP SOLO PUBLIC DOMAIN CLASSICAL P

Post by davedwards » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:38 am

Really love the Listz, Frank. Beautiful playing. Congratulations on the forwards. :)

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:17 am

Good goin'
Congrats!
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

rksinger
Active
Active

Post by rksinger » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:16 am

Thank you Denise, Dave and Russell!

A lot of the credit goes to Ivory. Chuck Henry told me he thought it was the best piano software, and I don't think I would have gotten the forwards with what I used to use.