Should I or should I not renew after 3 years?

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Should I or should I not renew after 3 years?

Post by eeoo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:41 am

Also, if you're interested there are several successful Taxi members in Nashville and I know they have semi-regular get togethers. Feel free to PM me for info if you like.

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Bernie,

If you are off the road for a while, maybe you can join us at one our Nashville Taxi Hangs.

Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

Bernwa
Active
Active

Post by Bernwa » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:07 pm

Follow up ... well, after renewing today I submitted to list #U140930CI and actually got a forward. Encouraging start to a new year. Thanks everyone for the support.

And yes Chuck, let me know when you guys are meeting.

Best,

Bernie

anthonytop40
Impressive
Impressive

Post by anthonytop40 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:56 pm

I've been a Taxi member since late '98, had forwards over the years but no deal as yet(close a time or two).

I've continued to renew my membership over the years because when I joined, even though I've played gtr for many years, I had no idea
how to write a song/tune - now I do.

I've used Taxi as an educational tool and a way of connecting to the industry, because I live on the wrong side of the planet (Oztralia)
far from the biz, their would be almost no other way of this happening.

I use Taxi to spur me on and on and on. Taxi TV is gold and it's free. Taxi listings lets me know what bands/artists/ are up and coming
before they hit mainstream. In all my years as a member the fees have NEVER gone up - unheard of in any business.

I can remember in the days of snail mail (I would receive my taxi listings 2 x weeks later due to distance 15,000km), coming home
from work and being excited in opening my Taxi mail listings, knowing that in that list of opportunities my life could change forever.
I still feel that way today.

I sure hope you feel the same way too - soldier on, glad you renewed.

Anthony
We're All Riders On This Train

johncolumbo
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johncolumbo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:41 am

Hello Bernie,

Thanks for your honest post here. I'm glad you renewed. Congrats on the quick forward... I hope it turns into your first call back as well :D
Unless I overlooked it I didn't read anything about you ever going to the road rally. I've been a member since January 2013 and decided to jump in and go to the road rally last year and LOVED IT! It was worth every penny and I'm still in contact with several people I met during my time there, some in which it still boggles my mind that I can say I even know :shock: ... I will be coming again this year and can't wait, I cannot recommend it enough.

Keep writing, keep evaluating what you're doing, keep developing those relationships, keep pushing yourself, don't stop writing, don't give up.
John Columbo
http://johncolumbo.com
http://www.taxi.com/johncolumbo
http://soundcloud.com/johncolumbo
It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish. JRR Tolkien

bkolsmith
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bkolsmith » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:31 am

Glad to hear you renewed. I have been a member for over 2 years and only submit tracks when they coincide with my time off from my 'day job' as a road cop. So I only have had 2 forwards in that time, but music is my passion and I have not found any other forum as positive and helpful to speak to other aspiring (or experienced) musicians. I have learned so much from feedback from TAXI that I will continue to be a member even though I only submit maybe 10-12 tracks a year max.

Good luck!

Brad.

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:09 am

Careful, Brad. If you start writing faster than you're accustomed to, you might have to give yourself a speeding ticket!

(couldn't resist)

~~Matt

bkolsmith
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bkolsmith » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:56 am

Nice one Matt - at least it's not a doughnut joke....

:lol:

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bobporri » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Great thread.

Matt, what you said is about what I needed to hear after a tough year as far as forwards. I hear something like 36 forwards and think, what I wouldn't give to have that problem. Of course, listening to Bernie's music, I understand why he would have so many forwards. As far as getting placements, and I am NOT speaking from experience, I really think it's in the writing of current sounding music to specific listings that can serve some of us best. Well, that, and as mentioned going to the Road Rally and staying involved with everyone here as much as possible.

Bernie, I really think you will see things happening as a direct result of Taxi if you keep submitting.

Bob P.