Anybody wanna collab on the 1960's Love-Themed Pop listing?

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Anybody wanna collab on the 1960's Love-Themed Pop listing?

Post by TerrellBurt » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:06 am

Good morning all! Given my Hip Hop background, one would never expect Doo Wop to be one of my favorite genres of music ever. I can listen to The Platters, The Drifters, Jackie Wilson, Elvis Presley, Sam Cooke, etc all day if you'd let me. When I saw the new listing for the 1960's Pop/Doo Wop song earlier this morning, I got excited because I always wanted to write a record like this.

What composer/producer wants to give this listing a shot with me? I'll handle writing all of the lyrics and finding the reference singer and you handle the music portion (I can give input/advice if needed). If a placement is landed we'll split the writer's share and sync fee 50/50.

If you are familiar with this era of music and familiar with 3/4 timing (To my knowledge most, if not all, doo wop records were done like this) then hit me up so we can get to work on this. Take care.
Last edited by TerrellBurt on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Need a composer for the LOVE-THEMED, 1960's POP SONG lis

Post by TerrellBurt » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:08 am

A new listing just ran for something similar to my previous post from late last year (please see below). Any producers/composers wanna collab on something like this? I have some 1950's and 1960's samples on my TAXI homepage if you wanted to see what I can do. Listen to Apologize, At First Sight, and Don't Do It.

LOVE-THEMED, 1960’s-Style POP SONGS with Female Vocals are needed for a NON-Exclusive placement by the Music Supervisor of an Independent Film. This Supervisor works on some big TV shows, so pitching well to this listing could be a good way to get on her radar for other opportunities. They need great, original, Down-to-Mid-Tempo Songs in the general stylistic wheelhouse of “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow,” by The Shirelles. Other songs from that era that are also in the general wheelhouse are: "I'm Gonna Get You Yet," by The Dixie Cups; "One Fine Day," by The Chiffons; and "Be My Baby," by The Ronettes. “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow,” by The Shirelles was the reference given by the Supervisor. Please submit songs with a classic 1960’s sound and style, with instrumentation, melodies, sweet, innocent lyrics, and vocal style that sound like they’re from that era. Great vocal harmonies should a big plus for this pitch! Universal lyrics will work best, so please avoid specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced acts or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (Great sounding home recordings are fine). The estimated license fee is $100-200, depending on the ultimate placement. This is a Direct-to-Music Supervisor pitch, so you'll keep 100% of the sync fee and any applicable performance royalties. Plus, you'll also keep 100% of your Publishing rights and Master ownership. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit 1-3 Songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI screener handpicked by the Supervisor - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Sunday, September 6, 2015. TAXI #Y150906LP