2 Pop forwards 10 Years Later

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shorttonpro
Impressive
Impressive

2 Pop forwards 10 Years Later

Post by shorttonpro » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:08 am

Hi Everyone,

Happy to say I have my first two forwards now after re-joining TAXI. :D I had joined when I was 16, but now realize how the music wasn't up to snuff. Hoping to write to specific pitches now and get involved here. Participating in the recording section most often.

My songs "Bee Sting" and "Friend Zone" got forwarded for these pitches. Hopefully some good comes out of it.
CONTEMPORARY POP SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by an incredibly successful Music Publishing Company for some of the biggest artists on the charts today! Submit Mid-to-Up-Tempo songs that will appeal to artists like Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke, etc. Give them insanely catchy songs that are fresh, full of energy, and something the masses won't stop singing! They want the best of the best for this pitch, so give them a hit with great song structure, an undeniable chorus, and a super catchy melody. Your production and overall demo presentation should be strong if you want to land a cut through this A-List company! Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI screener handpicked by the Label and must be received no later than Friday, September 19, 2014. TAXI #S140919PO
CONTEMPORARY BOY BAND-FRIENDLY POP SONGS with Male Vocals are needed by the Director of A&R at a Major Record Label for the incredible artists on their roster. Give him Hit-Worthy songs that will appeal to the screaming fans of acts like One Direction, The Wanted, Big Time Rush, etc. Quoting the source: "Lyrics need to be super fresh and creative, with a new, forward thinking approach. Although the lyrics need to be creative, they still must be commercially relevant." Submit songs with a solid Pop structure, spectacular hooks, and infectious melodies. A huge, hook-driven chorus that will make the young female audience scream their brains out will really help you standout for this pitch. All moods are welcome, as long as they match the poppy, youthful energy of hit songs by the referenced acts. Your overall production needs to be really competitive for this pitch! Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI screener handpicked by the Label and must be received no later than Monday, September 15, 2014. TAXI #S140915PO

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: 2 Pop forwards 10 Years Later

Post by andygabrys » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:13 am

congrats on the forwards - nice work.

check the spelling on your signature - your taxi address seems to have an extra "r".

How'd you find yourself in Prague after growing up in Texas?

shorttonpro
Impressive
Impressive

Post by shorttonpro » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:31 am

Thanks Andy - fixed the 'r.'
Really nice eclectic catalog you've got!

I came out here right after school - mainly for my girlfriend. I've come to really appreciate the lifestyle here (unfortunately am not near fluent still)

Axuel
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Axuel » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:25 am

Congrats, nice songs.

Best Regards,
Axel

http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=axel

ericmakesmusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ericmakesmusic » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:28 am

Good stuff man. Congrats on the forward. Glad you decided to rejoin.

johnlewitt
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by johnlewitt » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:33 am

Congrats.

There is a definite Euro touch to these tunes (whether you hear it or not). These tunes should be playing in all the clubs over there.

John