Another one for Indie Folk- thoughts please

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

divinorivera
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Another one for Indie Folk- thoughts please

Post by divinorivera » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Would like to gather some thoughts before I submit in just a few hours. Does it sound yesteryear enough and contemporary too? Appreciate feedback on any aspect of the song.

https://soundcloud.com/divinorivera/summer-skies

Another song for this listing.
CONTEMPORARY, ACOUSTIC-BASED INDIE FOLK SONGS with MALE VOCALS are needed by the Head of A&R at a Major Record Label for an amazingly gifted artist who's working on a new record. Submit songs that could be found on the same playlist as acts like M. Ward, Josh Ritter, A.A. Bondy, etc. Quoting the source: "Lyrics should have unique imagery, with themes that focus on personal experiences, challenges, resiliency through tough times, relationships, etc." Give them well-crafted songs that draw influence from the roots-based Folk artists of yesteryear, but with a contemporary appeal that speaks to both the mainstream and Indie market. Songs should have emotionally moving melodies that go hand in hand with your relatable, conversational lyrics. Stripped-down demos are welcome for this pitch, but your recording quality (even for stripped-down demos) needs to be clean, clear, well balanced, and good enough to represent your song well. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI screener handpicked by the Label - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than Monday, October 13, 2014. TAXI #Y141013IF

Always love peer-to-peer!
-Divino

Axuel
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Another one for Indie Folk- thoughts please

Post by Axuel » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:58 am

Sounds really good. I like the feeling of the song.

Best Regards,
Axel

http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=axel

bamtone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by bamtone » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:25 am

WOW!! I really enjoyed this track.
I think your dead on with the indie-folk vibe, great vocal performance, melody and arrangement.
I noticed some kind of digital glitch at 0:56. check it out.
good luck with the listing!

nick.moxsom
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nick.moxsom » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:31 pm

No idea whether you're on piste for the listing but I just wanted to congratulate you on a lovely song.

Good luck with it.
Nick

divinorivera
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by divinorivera » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:23 am

Nick/Axel/Bamtone,
Thanks for listening and for the feedback. I did not submit this song the that listing. I just still felt it lacked the "yesteryear" feel like that of the reference artists. Hopefully soon, there will be a listing better for this song.