Mentor sessions?

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

heleneaj

Mentor sessions?

Post by heleneaj » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi, I'm new to the rally this year, just booked (very excited!)

I've looked at the Road Rally info but am still unsure about this - How do the mentor lunches work? I read something on here about a queuing system - just wanted to figure out exactly what I should do to see who the mentors are and potentially get tickets.

Also can't wait to see what other classes and seminars and talks there'll be, and to meet everyone =^.,.^=

Helene

pboss
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Mentor sessions?

Post by pboss » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi Helene,

It looks like a Taxi email went out Oct 25th with an invitation to sign up for the mentor lunches, and details about it.
Last edited by pboss on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Patty Boss composes music for NBC, CBS, CNN, Fox, Bravo, MTV, VH1, etc.

http://soundcloud.com/pattyboss
http://pattyboss.com

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:22 am

Just to add to what Patty said so well... You asked about "queuing up". That refers to the one on one 15 minute mentor session, not the lunches (which I recommend at least one!). Every member is entitled to a one on one mentor session and you choose your mentor when you register. However, the earlier you register the more available choices-- many of the most popular mentors have all their timeslots taken very quickly. So the earlier you get on the registration line on Thursday, the more choices you will have. You will see a line forming as early as 11 AM on Thursday even though registration doesn't generally open till around 5PM or so.

Now, it may seem awful to spend hours on that line but many of us have found the line to be a fun experience during which you get to meet a lot of fellow members. Sometimes there are even jam sessions right on the line! Some great peer and co-writing relationships started on the registration line, it's a mini party to itself. :)

Review the rally materials beforehand and have your top mentor choices ready.

HTH!
:D Casey

denalihighway
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by denalihighway » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:56 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info. Getting excited about this Rally now. Can't believe its flown in so soon.

Casey - you "Review the rally materials beforehand and have your top mentor choices ready." -

Could you please expand on this if you had sec?

What are the rally materials you refer to? And how and when can I review them in order to prepare my mentor choices?

Thanks
Gar

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:11 am

denalihighway wrote:Casey - you "Review the rally materials beforehand and have your top mentor choices ready." - Gar
Gar
About a week before the rally, Taxi will email out links to download all the info for the rally-- class and panel schedules, teacher and mentor bios, etc. So you'll be able to read up on the mentors and select some options for your choice.

HTH!
:D Casey

denalihighway
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by denalihighway » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:12 am

That helps indeed sir!

Thanks
Gar