Me too

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Me too

Post by deankripp » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Hey all 'yall.... (That's how we say it in Seattle)

I haven't posted very much on this forum in the last year or two and I don't know a lot of the "new" people here. If you're going to be at the Rally please come up to me and introduce yourself, or say "hey" or kick my butt, or whatever... I'm easy to recognize - I'm usually the tallest guy in the lobby/bar - holding a scotch..... and I'd like to get to know the people behind all these posts I've been reading.

I'm also doing a class on creating cues for TV, Film and other media. In this workshop (called "Demystifying the Cue") we'll be talking about everything from what the music sups and libraries are looking for and how to get it, to, how to become faster at producing while maintaining quality, the differences between writing a radio "song" and a TV "mood," how to get a "bigger" sound in your recordings, how to make you Virtual Instruments sound more real, the psychology behind recording a vocalist, writing lyrics for TV vs Radio, as well as addressing royalties, networking, writer's block and where the music industry may be heading and what that means to your music and career.

I'll be playing a couple examples of cues that have worked VERY well for me and also cues that have spectacularly failed. We'll dissect them and try to discover why a few do so well and others of mine - suck. (There will not be a projector in my classroom but I will have a slide deck outline available online both during the class and for easy reference afterwards... so bring your laptops, pads and smartphones - and shock, amaze and impress that cute girl or guy sitting next to you with your technological coolness) ;-)

AND I PROMISE... this won't be a class about me trying to pawn my book off on you. In fact, I won't even bring it there. This class will be about tips, tricks and strategies that have helped me and others create music that gets tons of placements.

I'm also doing some mentoring and other stuff at the Rally - but mostly, I'm just truly looking forward to hanging with my music family again - and maybe gaining a few new "siblings." The Taxi Road Rally - IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!!

WhooHOO :-)

dean krippaehne

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: Me too

Post by andygabrys » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:09 pm

cool! Looking forward to hearing more. The book is good stuff :)

Geir
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Geir » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:33 pm

I'll be at the bar, hopefully sitting on a stool, in which case I'll be looking up at most everybody there. But I hope to catch you - with or without a scotch in your hand - in which case I'll gladly replenish whatever you had in the glass (I'll also take in your class).
See you there.

Geir

kclements
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by kclements » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:15 pm

I'll be there, (but you won't see me), and looking forward to your class.

Cheers
kc
kayle clements

When opportunity knocks, you better be dressed and ready to go!

clementunes.com | taxi | soundcloud

teleblaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by teleblaster » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:33 pm

This is great news. Looking forward to your class Dean.

Sly

Post by Sly » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:13 pm

Too bad I'm going to miss you...I'm currently reading your book and really enjoying it! Thanks!

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by deankripp » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks guys!

The Taxi Road Rally always teaches and inspires me. AND it's filled with the coolest people you'll find anywhere. Look forward!

:-)

dean k

almccool
Active
Active

Post by almccool » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:28 am

I am a new Taxi member, looking forward to my first Road Rally. Can’t wait to take your class. Thanks for putting it on.

-Allen McCool

allen
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by allen » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:16 pm

I really enjoyed your book. I am unable to get to the road rally. Your book is my road rally this year.

Thanks for the insight in this business.

Allen
https://soundcloud.com/allen-myers

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:12 am

Cool, Dean. I'll be checking the schedule for your class. And checking the lobby for your glass. 8-)

Russell
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr