How do you track your songs to TV/Commercial clips?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

How do you track your songs to TV/Commercial clips?

Post by orest » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:41 am

Sorry, could not really find a better title..

So, I have had a lot of placements lately. Got some nice payments through STIM (Swedish PRO) and direct payments.

I also have a TuneSat account.

I've detected a lot of songs that have been played in TV-shows and commercials. But (a question for you with placements as well), how can you link your songs to actually clips?
That would be a really good marketing thing to be able to link to specific programs, commercials and maybe YouTube clips featuring my music.

Have a nice day and thanks in advance for your input!

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: How do you track your songs to TV/Commercial clips?

Post by Len911 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:26 am

Congratulations Orest!

I thought that was what the Google and the youtube were for,lol! The problem with links is that they could become dead links. Also, if someone googles and youtube searches and there are 15,000 results they might be more impressed. It's too easy to assume by having a link that it's the best and perhaps only link. I'm not sure by having the link or not that it would be any more likely whether or not they clicked a link or googled. And finally,lol, sometimes people are a little reluctant to click on a link if they are afraid of getting a virus or malware. Well, that's one side of the issue.
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music