Orchestral scores?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

eirikbj
Active
Active

Orchestral scores?

Post by eirikbj » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:51 am

What do they mean by "He’s not looking for big sweeping orchestral scores"?
Would strings disqualify you?

I have a sketch with strings i´m planning to base my arrangement on.

New Listing TENSION FILLED “ELIMINATION” INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by the extremely busy Owner of a well-connected Music Library that’s landing placements in some popular reality TV shows. He’s on the hunt for Down-to-Mid-Tempo Cues that would work during the elimination scenes on competition-based shows like The Bachelor, The Voice, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, etc. Give him tension filled cues that will have the audience on the edge of their seat, with nails bitten to the quick as the drama unfolds onscreen. Cues should build and develop to a big reveal. He’s not looking for big sweeping orchestral scores, but submissions do need to give off a painfully tension filled vibe. “I can’t take it anymore!!!” If you can make the viewers wonder if their deodorant is working, then you’ve got exactly what this gentleman needs. This CEO has a special place in his heart for a well-played digeridoo, so if you can make that work, you’ll be ahead of the pack. All submissions should be at least 2 minutes long. Easy edit points are needed and button/stinger endings are highly encouraged (although not absolutely necessary). This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE agreement with a 50/50 split. The specific terms of this agreement will be determined directly between you and the Library. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Composition rights to pitch for this. You CANNOT have the music you submit signed to any other libraries or catalogs. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). Please submit one to three Instrumental Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI on a Yes/No basis and must be received no later than WEDNESDAY, October 29th, 2015 at 2pm (PDT). TAXI #U141029IC

eirikbj
Active
Active

Re: Orchestral scores?

Post by eirikbj » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Have been checking out several elimination scenes on youtube and it seem the recipe is Timpani - Toms - Drone and well, String ostinatos.