Confused about Listing# U141029CO

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Confused about Listing# U141029CO

Post by LamarPecorino » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:44 am

It seems to me that this listing requires material with copyrights dating back to the 40s and 50s. Am I reading this correctly?

AUTHENTIC, ORIGINAL, 1940's-1950's COUNTRY, Hank Williams Style RECORDINGS are needed by a Highly Successful Publisher of Period Music for Film & TV Licensing. Original Songs with Male Vocals and/or Instrumental Tracks are all okay to submit for this opportunity!

The Publisher is particularly interested in pieces that are reflective of the style of Hank's songs with a sparse arrangement found in songs like:

Your Cheatin' Heart

Cold Cold Heart

Quoting the Publisher: "The crucial element here, aside from the year, is the arrangement. If you listen to Hank's recordings, they are pretty minimal in terms of arrangement. No big strings, minimal to no pedal steel, etc."

Remember, the Publisher needs ORIGINAL Songs or Instrumentals, not covers or clones of the Hank songs! Do not copy or rip off the referenced songs in any way, shape, or form.

This company is the hot, go-to publisher for a bunch of extremely popular TV shows and big Feature Films when they need period music. They've been getting so many great placements for our members that we haven't been able to keep up with reporting them all!

Dozens of TAXI members have signed buy out, cash-up-front deals with this company. Some have even received checks for $10,000 (or more!) while still keeping their writer's share and getting performance royalties on the back end! Deal sizes and buyout amounts will vary depending on catalog size and the quality of the songs.

They DO NOT want material that was recently recorded and made to sound old. They only need AUTHENTIC, ORIGINAL, 1940's-1950's COUNTRY, Hank Williams Style RECORDINGS that were actually recorded back in the day and have copyright dates that prove it!

This is a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to make money with music you might have thought had no hope in today's market. If you've got Demos or Masters, then you could very well have what they need! DO NOT SUBMIT FOR FRIENDS! Your name needs to be on the copyright. Your Songs or Instrumentals need to be Original Compositions (no covers), and you need to own or control the copyright and master recordings to submit for this pitch.

Worried that your old recordings and production might sound dated and NOT contemporary? Worry no more! Even if your recordings were done in an old 8-track or 16-track home studio, they could still be perfect for this company if they sound reasonably good. They DO NOT want slick, modern, ProTools generated recordings. Just because they're looking for vintage music, doesn't mean they're interested in mediocre material! They're looking for the really good stuff! Again... dozens of TAXI members have already made great deals and had some killer placements in big TV Shows and Feature Films through this company. Your deal could vary depending on the number of songs or tracks signed. If you've got some AUTHENTIC, VINTAGE oldies but goodies sitting around, you really need to send them in for this opportunity! You'll love working with this company - they made a lot of TAXI members very happy! Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. Please include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis. No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than WEDNESDAY, October 29th at 10am (PDT). TAXI #U141029CO
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK

singer1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Confused about Listing# U141029CO

Post by singer1 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:13 pm

EDIT: this post of mine is incorrect ---->

If the listing is asking for songs written and recorded during the decades in question, it WILL specify it... what they are looking for is stuff that SOUNDS like it was written and recorded then.

Regards,
Russell Landwehr

p.s. this is the PERFECT listing for folks that keep getting returns that say their stuff is "dated" 8-)
Last edited by Russell Landwehr on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by LamarPecorino » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:44 pm

Okay. Thanks Russell. After spending a decade playing traditional Country almost exclusively, I can do this. This listing was confusing to me. Thanks for helping decipher it for me.
Onward and upward!
Lamar

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi Russell
I think you may have answered incorrectly. The OP posted the listing text which includes:
They DO NOT want material that was recently recorded and made to sound old. They only need AUTHENTIC, ORIGINAL, 1940's-1950's COUNTRY, Hank Williams Style RECORDINGS that were actually recorded back in the day and have copyright dates that prove it!
So unless I'm missing something, they absolutely want songs that were recorded and copyrighted back in those decades.

:) Casey

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Oh my, yeah. Casey, it DOES say that....

What was throwing me was:

AUTHENTIC, ORIGINAL, 1940's-1950's COUNTRY, Hank Williams Style RECORDINGS

I completely missed the line that said: RECORDINGS that were actually recorded back in the day and have copyright dates that prove it!

Well, there ya go, Lamar.

Russell
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by LamarPecorino » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Thanks Casey and Russell. That is how I understood the listing. That one is tough for me as I wasn't born until 1955. I started my music career fairly early, but I think that my first copyrighted song is from 1972. Thanks again!! Have a great weekend.
Onward and upward!
Lamar