Feeling a bit nostalgic. Miss coming to the Rally's

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

che
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Feeling a bit nostalgic. Miss coming to the Rally's

Post by che » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Feeling a bit nostalgic with all the Rally talk I see on here and on my FB. Attending the Rally was a family affair. Me, my husband, 2 kids and a friend use to attend. If my memory serves me right we came to 6 Rally's, but it's been a few years now. It was always a great time and we met people that we're still in contact with today. Some great opportunities and experiences can be credited to Taxi & the Rally.

My then 17 year old son Tadjh, met and was signed to an awesome music library, directly because of the Rally. He was forwarded to this library thru a submission, but was not accepted primarily due to his age. We had a chance to meet the owner in person at the Rally. He had us submit again directly and he accepted him. I believe he was the youngest person signed to the library. My son no longer does work for the library because he is currently focused on producing artists, but still gets checks from his time with them :) He has recently been thinking about re-entering that part of the business.

My now 17 year old Tae, had his first ever live performance when he was 10/11 at the Rally open mic. Michael and his daughters were even there. Video of that here http://youtu.be/7RF1_S50HG0?t=2m21s He has continued on this path and has developed into a great artist with a good fan base. Tae just released his first EP titled "On My Own" and a video for his second single off the EP titled "Lois Lane" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llKRCeWEKTw Even with iTunes glitches in album availability, he charted at 149 on the pop charts based pre-sales alone. Not too bad for an independent artist.

The Rally was always a great time. We never regretted going. Be sure to meet people. Don't just stay in your little box or you will not maximize your experience at the Rally. And maybe one year soon.... we'll be back!

Tricia, Billay, Tadjh & Tae

denalihighway
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feeling a bit nostalgic. Miss coming to the Rally's

Post by denalihighway » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:09 pm

Nice post Tricia. thanks
Gar