Take-aways from RR 2014

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

remmet
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Take-aways from RR 2014

Post by remmet » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:03 pm

It's funny - Every year is different. Some years the memorable revelations come from the various classes; other years from the panels; and others from the unexpected contacts. For me, this year was an interesting combination of all three. There were a number of firsts:

First year I was asked for more of my business cards than were offered to me (though I asked for quite a few from others as well).
First year several people told me they wanted to collaborate with me after hearing my music.
First year I was introduced to a potential new library relationship.
First year I returned home with none of my CDs left in my pack.
First year I had extended conversations with several people who I'd never gotten the chance to spend time with in prior years (or was too intimidated to approach).

Not exactly the first time, but I was more conscious of imparting relevant information to others who could benefit from it.

Also, I got a much clearer understanding about the process of writing trailer music.
I discovered some new sample libraries that I want and had excellent conversations with their creators.

There's probably a lot more, but I'm still processing everything that happened. (And I'm being called to dinner.)

Thank you Michael and the entire Taxi community!

Richard
Last edited by remmet on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Take-aways from RR 2014

Post by Casey H » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:23 am

You left out:
Also, I got a much clearing understanding about the process of taking the shuttle bus from the airport to the Westin...
;) :P

Seriously, it was GREAT seeing you Richard and it sounds like you had a fantastic rally. Wishing you the best as always!!

Warmest,
:D Casey

Robtoons
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Take-aways from RR 2014

Post by Robtoons » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:16 am

Hi Richard, sadly you are another person I didn't get a chance to converse with this year, there is just SO much going on and so many folks to see! You were on my mental list of people to seek out, but I don't think I even spotted you (or if I did, I didn't figure out it was you!) Anyhow, glad you had a great Rally, I know I did!
Next year for sure -Rob