Re: My Thank You Letter

Post by greggo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:36 am

Very well put :)

BillPerry
Active
Active

Post by BillPerry » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Tim, this could not be said better; great letter! The Rally really was special; on Sunday evening, after it "formally" ended and everyone was hanging out around the Westin bar and lobby, it felt like the last day of school before summer vacation -- everyone was milling about talking to old friends (and new friends!) and trying to have just a few more conversations before we all went on our way. An amazing experience all the way around.

denalihighway
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by denalihighway » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Great post. An extraordinary few days.

bigbluebarry
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bigbluebarry » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:52 pm

So great we had a chance to meet and chat for awhile Tim!

-Barry
Imagine a steel cage match between Daughtry, Coldplay, Paramore and Demon Hunter with Joe Satriani as the referee...

http://www.taxi.com/bigbluebarry
http://www.bigbluebarry.com
http://www.twitter.com/bigbluebarry

Tim_Behrens
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Tim_Behrens » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:54 am

I remember telling someone about my high school experience... how I really didn't connect all that well, was a stereotypical band nerd who kind of kept to himself and didn't really interact all that well. When I got to college, I immediately fell in with a bunch of folks who understood me, who were creative and artsy and loved to ponder the deeper things in life. It was like a whole new world opened up to me. It's so good to feel like you've found your place, people who know really know you, who support you. Those folks are still like family to me over twenty years later.

Anyways, the Rally was like the 'grown adult' version of that for me. It truly was like discovering a world that I had hoped for, but didn't really think existed. So cool. I've been listening to everyone's music, connecting on Facebook and Twitter, finding inspiration in their paths and in all the resources that were recommended in conversation, books that I bought at the rally. Definitely going to ride this vibe as long as I can, then start planning for next year. Just saying thank you one more time.
--Tim Behrens
TimBehrens.com | SoundCloud
Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | @TimBehrens