Thanks Michael! And, well, everyone!

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

beesea
Impressive
Impressive

Thanks Michael! And, well, everyone!

Post by beesea » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:22 am

Wow, amazing experience at the rally! This was my 4th, and I am definitely coming away from it feeling even more inspired than I have from the previous three.

If you are anything like me, you go into each rally with one or two priority areas, and then figure on filling in the blanks once you're there. First couple of years were songwriting sessions and recording techniques, last year it was meeting people from the forum (which I had only been involved with for a few months), etc. This year was the year to take advantage of one-on-one mentoring session, and get a cd together to submit to listening panels. In other words, do a couple of the things I hadn't felt 'ready' for in past years.

I decided for the mentoring session I was going to try to get a song critique from Suzan Koc. I struggle with lyrics, and I knew she would be tough on them. She was. But also very encouraging, and I came out of it knowing exactly what I need to work on. So for those who skip the free mentoring session because you aren't ready - maybe you aren't ready, but I'd suggest doing it anyway! These are the people who can help you GET ready!

Then submitting a cd to the listening panels - I submitted to a couple of them. Got an instrumental played at Saturday's session in the ballroom, and two of the panelists asked for copies!!! And the kicker? The tune that got picked was one I recorded over a year ago, but didn't bring a cd of to last year's rally because I didn't feel 'ready'. It's the exact same mix; I haven't touched it since I finished it. So I guess it actually WAS ready last year...

Thanks Michael and staff for all of the work in preparing for, and facilitating another amazing rally. Thanks to all of the instructors and panelists for your valuable insights. And thanks to my fellow forum members for being so inspiring.

Cheers!
Bob