2/2 On U141020IF Emotional airy Introspective Indie Folk

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shellsings
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

2/2 On U141020IF Emotional airy Introspective Indie Folk

Post by shellsings » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:19 am

Got two forwards for the listing below!!

Heavy (written and produced by me) I am always thrilled when songs I do all by myself get forwarded! https://soundcloud.com/michellelockey/h ... rtbeat-mix

and I'm Movin' On with Andy Gabrys https://soundcloud.com/michellelockey/im-moving-on

U141020IF

EMOTIONAL, AIRY, and INTROSPECTIVE CONTEMPORARY INDIE FOLK SONGS with Male and/or Female Vocals are needed by the Music Supervisor of an Award-winning Cable TV Show for use in the end credits. He’s eager to find emotionally touching Down-to-Mid-Tempo Songs in the general stylistic ballpark of acts like Bon Iver, Daughter, S. Carey, etc., etc., etc. Please listen to the following reference songs to get you in the moody wheelhouse of the sound she needs: “Holocene” by Bon Iver “Still” by Daughter “Fire-Scene” by S. Carey Quoting the Supe: “I want dreamy, lo-fi, and obviously acoustic styled Indie Folk songs with a delicate vocal performance. Lyrics should be touching and emotional. Songs should have a nice intro and build as it goes from verse, per-chorus, to chorus. Instrumentation should be stylized in a similar context as the referenced songs – so soft percussion or drums that accent the delicate feel of the song is best. Vocal harmonies would be nice, but not a huge necessity.” Submit organic sounding songs with captivating melodic lines, compelling hooks, and a chorus that delivers an emotional connection to the audience. Instrumentation should sound authentically acoustic, like a real Indie artist. An intimate vocal performance that’s able to get the hair on your arms to stand up, with a delivery that’s honest, believable, and sincere will be best. Universal lyrics are needed for this pitch, so please avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). The estimated license fee for this use is $500 - $1,000. This is a Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% of your Publishing and Master rights, plus you’ll keep 100% of the sync fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control 100% of the Copyright and Master to pitch for this opportunity. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). Please do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists or any other artists that has covered these pieces in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and vibe. All Songs will be screened on a Yes/No basis by the Music Coordinator working directly on the show. No full critiques. Please submit 1-3 Songs no later than 11am (PDT), on Monday, October 20th, 2014. TAXI #U141020IF

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 2/2 On U141020IF Emotional airy Introspective Indie Fol

Post by songmaster » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Congrats Michelle and Andy

Hey Michelle, you must be getting bored with all these pesky forwards :mrgreen: Thank God I don't have that problem :mrgreen:
But seriously, whatever you are doing , just keep doing it. It sure seems to be working :)

Tom

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:13 pm

Good on ya, Michelle :D
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

bobporri
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bobporri » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:18 am

Congratulations on these forwards.

Bob P.

shellsings
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by shellsings » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:39 am

songmaster wrote:Congrats Michelle and Andy

Hey Michelle, you must be getting bored with all these pesky forwards :mrgreen: Thank God I don't have that problem :mrgreen:
But seriously, whatever you are doing , just keep doing it. It sure seems to be working :)

Tom

LOL... yes bored as crap haha! thanks

thekman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by thekman » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:05 am

Congrats guys!! :D :D