Taxi listings

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bobrdld

Taxi listings

Post by bobrdld » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:21 am

Has anyone submitted songs for a listing and then a few months later there is another listing that looks almost like the original you submitted to but slightly different? Is there a way to tell if it's a completely different listing other than calling Taxi? It would be cool if the listing could say "repeat listing" or something along those lines so you don't submit again.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Taxi listings

Post by admin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:48 am

Hi Bob,

It's pretty rare that we run repeat listings, and when we do, we'll say something like, "We ran this listing a few months ago as Listing # Y141223PO, but the company is still looking for more songs, so please don't submit the same music you did for that listing."

Sometimes, several companies could be looking for the same thing because that genre is in high demand, so you might see Listings that look similar, but they aren't for the same company.

Hope that helps,
Michael

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:45 pm

Also (I hope it's OK that I chime in here ML)...

If you are not sure, you can call Taxi and ask if Listing A is the same client as Listing B? They won't tell you who it is but they will give you a yes or no answer.

:D Casey

bobrdld

Post by bobrdld » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:56 am

Cool, thanks guys

Yeah, I got a forward from a listing a few months ago and then a listing was posted that was almost identical to the original just recently.

Thanks for the info!

https://www.soundcloud.com/bobrdld