Hopeful Acoustic-Based Instrumental Cues.... little help.

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mattharveymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Hopeful Acoustic-Based Instrumental Cues.... little help.

Post by mattharveymusic » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:18 am

Haven't written for a taxi listing in a little while so I'd like to make sure I'm on target. I've got to the stage with this where I'm tinkering rather than making any real changes/rerecords and starting to think I'm wasting my time and should just start again. It's a "Work In Progress" so please forgive me a few timing issues as they'll be corrected with retakes etc. Interested to see what other people think of it and what people would do to bring it back on track. Thanks!

HOPEFUL ACOUSTIC-BASED INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very well established and successful NON-Exclusive Music Licensing Company with placements on every Major TV Network. They’re on the hunt for contemporary sounding Down-to-Mid-Tempo Cues, around 60 BPM to 90 BPM that put a lump in your throat and make you feel really happy that the patient on the big screen might not die after all. Yay! What music might you hear when a family emerges from an underground shelter after an apocalyptic event and realize they’ve survived and can start rebuilding their lives? What would play when somebody is walking away from a really good first date? Hopeful? Optimistic? That’s what this library needs, but don’t go big and orchestral. They’re looking for smaller ensemble pieces that probably have one to four instruments (acoustic guitars and/or pianos) and start on a central melodic theme -- building from there by adding layers of instrumentation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7a2ner2oyhjqd ... w.mp3?dl=0

kclements
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hopeful Acoustic-Based Instrumental Cues.... little help

Post by kclements » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:56 am

Hey Matt -

Sorry for the delay, haven't been around to listen much. But here are a coup,e thoughts about the track

First, I thnink it's very nice melody. But I don't get hopeful from it. I'm not saying it isn't hopeful, but it doesn't seem to fit what they are asking for. To me, it sounds a bit more like something that would play before the hopeful, "we've made it" part. Kind of the waiting for the hopeful part to start. Does that make any sense?

What would it sound like if you bumped up the tempo a bit, and maybe thinned out the guitar? Maybe you don't need to play all the quarter note beats? It starts to sound a little bit cowboy, home on the range to my ears.

Also, knowing its a wip, what if you gave the melody to the piano sooner, before the strings enter? Maybe they could trade back and forth a bit more?

It is a nice start, and I think there is definitely something there, just not sure it's for this listing. Maybe the deadline passed, so it's not an issue anymore.

Cheers
kc
kayle clements

When opportunity knocks, you better be dressed and ready to go!

clementunes.com | taxi | soundcloud