I don't agree w/ Screener #339 on listing #Y141204EL

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

I don't agree w/ Screener #339 on listing #Y141204EL

Post by TerrellBurt » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Hey guys. I just got a return on my song "Up All Night" on the below listing and I don't agree with the critique from Screener #339. I'm always open to constructive criticism but this just seems off target.

Listing: MOODY, DARK, 1980's inspired ELECTRONIC ARTISTS/BANDS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a really strong, trend-setting Independent Record Label that's in roster expansion mode. They're looking for compelling new acts that would appeal to the fans of artists like Light Asylum, Actress, Clan of Xymox, etc. Submit songs that highlight your unique sound, with a heavy electro influence and unique vocal signature. They're interested in how you sound, but they'll be even more impressed if you've got "stuff going on," so please be sure to include any touring, fanbase info, or sales figures that could impress them. All tempos are welcome. Male and female vocals are both okay, as are Instrumentals! Vocal and instrumental presentation must be strong. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics/photo/bio. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than Thursday, December 4, 2014.

Critique: The over-all execution did not feel like a contemporary approach to throwing back to the 1980's inspired elements. Needed more of a current feeling approach. The backgrounds felt dated.

Did I miss something on the listing that asked for a contemporary feel? 1980's inspired, to me, means that the entire feel of the record should be 1980's from production, vocals, etc. Is there any validity to this critique? Am I overreacting? Please feel free to listen to the song on my TAXI page link below and let me know what I did wrong. Thanks!