the REAL taxi members

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mobster85
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: the REAL taxi members

Post by mobster85 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:37 am

Well said Russell. Btw i enjoyed Hanging put with u and Kim. U r both wonderful people.

Piewackit1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Piewackit1 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:27 am

My only regret was I wasn't able to meet everyone....but it was a great time!

Jeff

LisaK
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by LisaK » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:14 am

I really wanted to say Hi to you Russell...and everyone else I have met here in the forum but I had the hardest time recognizing people... That combined with the fact it was my first Road Rally, so I was totally overwhelmed :)

Lisa

JamesCarvalho
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JamesCarvalho » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:03 pm

good times this year.. just keeps getting better..
whats next?
Freelance Composer, Singer/Songwriter, Artist

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:33 pm

LisaK wrote:I really wanted to say Hi to you Russell...and everyone else I have met here in the forum but I had the hardest time recognizing people... That combined with the fact it was my first Road Rally, so I was totally overwhelmed :)

Lisa
I completely understand this. My first Rally was totally overwhelming. And I met very few people that year. My second Rally was two years later, and I'd come to know many more people in that time. Still, at my second Rally, it was difficult to recognize people. Luckily Michael Jones took it upon himself to introduce me to TONS of people.

This year I knew so many people that I was totally unable to spend much REAL time with anyone. I did get to hang with my early Rally friends at meals and such, but not NEAR as much as I wanted to.

Then there were all the people I met for the first time this year. There were tons coming up and introducing themselves. THAT was overwhelming as well. (Specially for a shy guy like myself ;) ). But it was overwhelming in a happy way. :D

So, anyway... There's always next year!

I've already scheduled my vacation time for Rally 2016 8-)

Russell
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

JamesCarvalho
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JamesCarvalho » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:01 pm

ya it was was like night and day from last year .. (eh Russell) we hung out a lot last year.
and this year we both were slammed..

now, i know what its like to be on the other side..

when i started out, i was trying to meet people .. but they were like ALL out.. and confused

now its like i just sat down and peeps just keep coming by saying hi.. it was great!!

i just loved the first night burning CD's in the lounge.. where we all were just started hanging out.. old friends

addicted to rally .. i'm infected (taxi fever)

ScottFree4All
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ScottFree4All » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:12 am

Russell - you may not have stepped off of a helicopter to the rooftop of the Westin - but you are becoming a bit of a Sinatra yourself! It was a pleasure meeting Kim - you are a lucky guy to have such support. You also really deserved your award -and that was a pleasant surprise to many of us - it must have blown you away. It's nice to see good things happen to good people.

As for Jimmy - I think you should write a song about what you just said - RALLY FEVER - it can be the theme song of the Taxi Road Rallies. I'll help you if you like. LOL :-)

Great seeing everyone and meeting new friends.

Cheers,
Scott

AlexanderFox
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by AlexanderFox » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:29 pm

Couldn't agree more, Russell. Best part of this year was putting faces to familiar names I recognized from here or Taxi TV. Incidentally my wife did accompany me for my first 2 rallies (this was my 3rd), and though she's not in the music industry she LOVED the energy, people and overall good vibes of the weekend!
Alexander Fox
Your Latin music guy

http://www.alexanderfoxmusic.com

denalihighway
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by denalihighway » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:54 pm

I had an absolute whale of a time too. But similar to you guys, I often felt overwhelmed, and disappointed that there just wasn't enough time spend quality time with you guys and the new folks. It was only my second Rally. I went to less classes deliberately so I could catch up with my chums and talk shop wherever appropriate. Thankfully the few classes I went to were really fantastic. I got to know quite a few people last year, and then through Facebook, the forums and collaborations, a whole bunch of new folks during the year who I wanted to to hang with. So there was never s spare moment.

Its a good complaint I guess. It was wall-to-wall, wonderful interaction. But exhausting at times. Add the partying and late nights into the equation and it doesn't get any easier!

But I wouldn't change it for the world. Though it does make me wish there was a way to see folks in the meantime under less pressurised conditions. Oh well. First world problems.

Viva Taxi :)

JamesCarvalho
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JamesCarvalho » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:51 pm

ScottFree4All wrote:Russell - you may not have stepped off of a helicopter to the rooftop of the Westin - but you are becoming a bit of a Sinatra yourself! It was a pleasure meeting Kim - you are a lucky guy to have such support. You also really deserved your award -and that was a pleasant surprise to many of us - it must have blown you away. It's nice to see good things happen to good people.

As for Jimmy - I think you should write a song about what you just said - RALLY FEVER - it can be the theme song of the Taxi Road Rallies. I'll help you if you like. LOL :-)

Great seeing everyone and meeting new friends.

Cheers,
Scott

any time scott that would be fun..