dear #325 i think your way off i'd love hear what you foward

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: dear #325 i think your way off i'd love hear what you fo

Post by crs7string » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Jim,

TAXI screening will never be perfect and, most likely, every member has had a return(s) that they haven't agreed with.

I have found that it is a good habit to mourn for a return for a day or so and move on.

It is way too easy to get on the Forum and, from an emotional perspective, rant about the return. Usually, within the "mourning period", the rational mind kicks in and realizes that "one return does not ruin a career" . (This is the corollary to "one forward does not make a career")

One primary reason why I think this is a good approach is that people that are not TAXI members occasionally visit this Forum. This includes library owners. I do not want my reputation to proceed me based on a post I did when my "emotional composer" was speaking from the perspective of disappointment from a return.

Also, I want my fellow composers to always feel that I am a reasonable person who they can trust if they choose to collaborate or refer me to one of their publishers.

Building a catalog is a marathon, not a sprint. This return is not even a bump in the road.
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Chuck makes a good point.

As far as whether or not to contact Taxi about it, sleep on it. Sometimes our first reactions are anger and we don't see it objectively. If you still feel tomorrow that the screener did not do their job well here, then you SHOULD contact Taxi. They really do want to hear from members, as long as you are reasonable and professional.

Best,
Casey

JamesCarvalho
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JamesCarvalho » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:07 pm

thanks guys very good advise .. i read the listing and it seemed right .. perhaps it was a mistake like russ said..

i am going thru a shock.. guess i'm showing how new i am about this screening process..
Freelance Composer, Singer/Songwriter, Artist