One BADASS forward after another

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ScottFree4All
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

One BADASS forward after another

Post by ScottFree4All » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:57 pm

Another forward for Badass. This song has so many forwards - almost as many as one of those Peeowitz thangs - LOL (I said 'almost' Casey). ;) Seriously it's so funny how a song written as an afterthought, written and recorded in one night could be so successful so far. Any day now I should be receiving my first royalty check for it's spot on the Janiva Magness CD 'Original" which ended up being the #3 Blues Album of the year!!! My production of Badass was also signed by a great library just recently, a few small placements, and the forwards keep coming in. I may never spend more than a day on any one song ever again!!! Seriously - I am so thankful for all the good fortune that I've had with this one, and it would not have seen the light of day - or even have been written - if not for Taxi. :D

https://soundcloud.com/scottfree4all/badass
FEMALE EMPOWERMENT SONGS with Female Vocals are needed by an A-List Hollywood Music Supervisor for a Non-Exclusive placement in a Hit TV Show on a big Cable Network. He’s NOT looking for old school songs like, “I Am Woman” by Helen Reddy. He IS looking for songs that are more Contemporary than that. Here’s a direct quote from the Music Supervisor: “What I do need is a ‘female empowerment’ song a la Bonnie Raitt, something funky, bluesy, and whatever else you feel might work.” We’re interpreting that as he’d prefer something that’s in that funky, bluesy lane Bonnie Raitt is in, but if we find something that’s got a cool vibe, sounds somewhat current, and is really strong, he’d be open to hearing it. We know this TV show well, and it’s NOT the kind of show that a typical radio-style Pop hit like Kelly Clarkson’s song, “(Stronger) What Doesn’t Kill You” would work for. Go more “earthy” and maybe even a little bit gritty in what you send. Your production could be a stripped-down, guitar vocal (if it’s really great), or a full band/artist song. But again, we wouldn’t recommend heading down the Top-40 Radio Pop lane (or hard Rock, or Electro) for this pitch. We also think he’s looking for songs about being strong and NOT about being angry. All Tempos could potentially work, and lyric themes should have concepts about feeling independent, feeling strong, standing on your own, not needing a man, moving forward on your own, rising up, etc., etc., etc. Universal lyrics that don’t mention specific names, dates, times, places, or brands will stand a better chance of getting used. “I’m leaving Chicago” = Not universal. “I’m leaving town” = universal. Your song should be Broadcast Quality (great sounding home recordings are fine). A great melody, awesome lyrics, a cool vocal that connects with listeners, and a special “vibe” that makes the hair on your arm stand up are all things that will help you nail this placement. The estimated license fee for this use is $1,000 - $3,000, depending on the ultimate use. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor pitch, so you'll keep 100% of your Master and Publishing rights, plus you'll also get 100% of the sync fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control 100% of the Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. All songs will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a person hand-picked by the Music Supervisor. No full critiques. Please submit 1-3 Songs no later than 4pm (PST), on Friday, January 2nd, 2015. TAXI #U140102FE

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: One BADASS forward after another

Post by andygabrys » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:40 pm

right on Scott!

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:53 am

Congrats Scott

That is one BADASS song. Wishing much luck with it :)

Tom

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:33 am

No surprise at all, Scott. This song grabs the listener right out of the gate and doesn't let go (and I still think your version outshines Janiva's!). Impeccable production too. Myself - and the usual suspects on these forums - are waiting for that magic "Scott Free Plug-In" that makes every song sound like gold.

I'm excited for you to get that check. I hope it's a whopper!!!

~~Matt

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:17 pm

Rock On, Bro!
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:34 am

"Badass" will soon turn up as a reference in various listings, I believe. Best song I've ever heard in these forums, Scott, and probably ever will. It has star quality all over it! Hopefully it'll get cut by several major artists, competing for the quintessential version. Keep checking the checks :D
Ceo of my own life

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:09 am

That's one badass song, Scott!

Congrats! All the success is well deserved!

:D Casey

LesSampou
Impressive
Impressive

Post by LesSampou » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 pm

congrats!!!!! it'll hit one day!

remmet
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by remmet » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Excellent, Scott! Great song, performance, and production!

R

PeterD
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Location: Formerly Somerset/Swansea, MA ... Currently, San Jose, CA

Post by PeterD » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Wowza!!

That's quite a song!! :D Perfection all 'round, my friend!! :D
Be prepared for it to become even BIGGER ...
Congrats!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If I log off, I may never be able to get back on ;)

Peter D'Angelo

http://www.taxi.com/peterd
https://soundcloud.com/moanakeiki