Has any taxi member ever succeeded in this?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arska
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Has any taxi member ever succeeded in this?

Post by arska » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:43 am

There are these listings like below where some major label is searching for songs for some huge superstar. Usually these kind of superstars has already dozens of worlds best songwriters to work with. Therefore while not trying to be doubtful, I'd just like to know if any of taxi members have ever succeeded in signing songs to these kind of listings?

I guess I'm trying to overcome this feeling of "catching a star from the night sky" , if you know what I mean...

:roll:

New Listing ADULT CONTEMPORARY SONGS with POP CROSSOVER APPEAL and Female Vocals are needed by a Major Record Label for a HUGE Female Superstar working on a brand new record. They want expertly crafted Songs in All-Tempos that would appeal to the fans of artists like Leona Lewis, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, etc., etc., etc. Submit commercially appealing songs that have an inviting melodic structure, with wonderful hooks, and a really strong chorus that has a big emotional payoff. This artist is known for her impressive vocal range and control, so please be sure your melodies cater to her superb abilities. Lyric themes should be suitable for the Adult Contemporary Market. Your production and recording quality needs to be competitive enough to get them interested in your song, although it's likely they'll be cutting a new version. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Wednesday, March 11, 2015. TAXI #S150311AC

RockChild56
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Has any taxi member ever succeeded in this?

Post by RockChild56 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:39 am

I don't know the exact answer to your question. However do you know of any other way to get a song in the mix with "the worlds greatest songwriters". Even they had to start somehow, somewhere.

The competition is tough and it always will be whether you use Taxi or any other avenue.

I don't submit to those listings unless I am full of confidence.
Which will be soon BTW. (LOL)

Good Luck to Ya and I hope someone has a better answer.

EJB
E J Bell

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:48 am

For a couple weeks ago on Taxi TV there was a great show that relates to this question, where they talked about artist pitches and when and how songs that were screened by Taxi, came into the ecosystem of the major labels. I can't remember who the guest was, though, maybe others can chime in..

It's a 360 type of thing. Some artists have picked 100 songs or more that they like from various sources, and try to demo a bunch of them. Some surely come from the staff writers, but they want a lot of songs in the pool, and they include staff writers' for sure, but there's only so many hrs in a day, so staff writers are not priviledged if others can beat what they write. For the artist and their management/a&r, some run a process much like Idol, but with songs instead of singers :D So the songs you pitch has to be very, very competitive just to make the cut of the 100, but if you can beat what they have, it's all about the song.
Ceo of my own life

arska
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by arska » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:39 am

Thanks for comments. Yep, that probably is the case that major labels just want to get larger pool of songs that are in target to pick from. I admit that my question was kind of useless but still, it would be just huge motivation to have some fact that someone has actually succeeded from Taxi with such listings..

Let's keep on going, no matter what :)

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:31 pm

Kolstad wrote:For a couple weeks ago on Taxi TV there was a great show that relates to this question, where they talked about artist pitches and when and how songs that were screened by Taxi, came into the ecosystem of the major labels. I can't remember who the guest was, though, maybe others can chime in..
Magne, wasn't that the episode that had Jason Blume?

Russell
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:29 am

Russell Landwehr wrote:
Kolstad wrote:For a couple weeks ago on Taxi TV there was a great show that relates to this question, where they talked about artist pitches and when and how songs that were screened by Taxi, came into the ecosystem of the major labels. I can't remember who the guest was, though, maybe others can chime in..
Magne, wasn't that the episode that had Jason Blume?

Russell
Yep! It's this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZDdpwfE3IQ. Watching it now actually.

melodymessiah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodymessiah » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:24 pm

as far as i know, the answer to your question is NO!! (someone please correct me if i'm wrong) :|