Youtube To Delete Indies?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jonnybutter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Youtube To Delete Indies?

Post by jonnybutter » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:57 am

I see Google is living up to its motto again. Nice

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:24 pm

Yeah, indie heads will soon start rolling haha Google have decided that they were too cool, and wanted to suit up :lol:
Ceo of my own life

ottlukk
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ottlukk » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:15 pm

Next thing will be that you will have to prove you own some of their stock to either listen or post. :twisted:

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DesireInspires » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:13 am

It doesn't seem like a big deal.

Fox
Active
Active

Post by Fox » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Wow Google, just wow.

Way to hurt us. In this digital age, the hills are getting steeper and steeper for artists to climb up to see the light of success, and you just blacked out our chances even more. This is just an absolute disagree. I'm subscribed to a good amount of indie labels (Side One Dummy, Epitaph, Rise to name a few) with bands that have promising talent. How else are they going to get on now? This just made me lose a lot of respect for Google let alone YouTube. YouTube should have stayed the independent service they were, instead of becoming a commercial scapegoat of an outlet.

Very few things outrage me to a great magnitude, and this just made the list.

We're not multi millionaires in million dollar mansions like Patrick Stump or Travis Barker, who can sit comfy despite this change. We're the ones who could grow to that magnitude, the industry is already clogged up enough, with your Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Eminem copycats (then you wonder why rock seems to not even have a fighting chance anymore in makiing it mainstream). After all, we are all indie at the starting gate, we only become major when we're signed to major labels and achieve streams of popularity. However, we prospered before the zit called YouTube spewed in 2007. Problem now is CD's are on the endangered species list. Where is the opposition to this move like there was such a potent outcry of the online community when SOPA was floating around?

I've strove to avoid screaming profanity in this post, so lets just put it at waving a middle finger in the face of the Google CEO who made this vile decision, and continue working in the key of change, crafting our career, and becoming one of the greats we wholeheartedly admire.
Take a breath ladies and gentlemen, we very well may be going back to the pre-2007 prehistoric days.

PS: Sorry for the rant, this just got me personally.

Fox