Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Mixnow3
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Never Been to Road Rally

Post by Mixnow3 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:25 pm

Hello,

I just joined Taxi in late Dec. 2014 and have never been to the Road Rally. I'm thinking about going to the Nov. 2015 Road Rally. Music is my passion and the few months I have been watching Taxi TV, receiving valuable Taxi critiques, reading Taxi forums and Taxi articles., this music thing has really changed from a hobby to a lifetime goal to succeed in making some money with my music. If I didn't have a full time job, I would be writing,composing, and recording music all the time. It's addictive. And yeah, I could talk about music all day long if I could….

Is it true that the Road Rally can be a huge learning and networking tool? I have much to learn and I want to take advantage of all the tools Taxi has to offer.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

kclements
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Never Been to Road Rally

Post by kclements » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:10 pm

For me, everything started at the Rally. It is an amazing weekend of learning, networking, fun, rejuvenation.

If you want your best chance to be successful with taxi, there are three things to do

1). Write, submit, forget, repeat
2) be active on this forum and make connections with other members
3) attend the Rally

It's perhaps not the only way, but I truly believe to get the most out of your Taxi membership, follow the above steps.

Hope to see you at the Rally

Cheers
kc
kayle clements

When opportunity knocks, you better be dressed and ready to go!

clementunes.com | taxi | soundcloud

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:35 pm

i very much agree with Kayle.

Mixnow3
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Mixnow3 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:02 am

Thanks for the info. I've got several months to work on convincing my wife the importance of the Road Rally.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:58 am

You might not want to show her the "after party" photo on this page:
http://www.taxi.com/transmitter/1412/ta ... 014-3.html

Actually, spouses come and love it even when they're not musicians! The level of warmth and friendliness is off the charts. So it the learning and networking.

Hope you can come,
Michael

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:40 am

admin wrote:You might not want to show her the "after party" photo on this page:
http://www.taxi.com/transmitter/1412/ta ... 014-3.html

Actually, spouses come and love it even when they're not musicians! The level of warmth and friendliness is off the charts. So it the learning and networking.

Hope you can come,
Michael
:lol: :lol: Adam hides it well, but I betcha he's a deer in the headlights there... (sorry, I know we try to not use cliches here)

My non-musician wife came with me for my first Rally in 2012 and I think she came back from it as energized as I did. She is a awesome support for me, but being there at the Rally made it REAL for her. She was very sad to not make it with me for my second attendance in 2014, but she's put the weekend of Nov 5-8 in BIG BOLD letters on her vacation calendar THIS year.

Put the TAXI Road Rally on your calendar and take all the steps necessary to be there. It will be both exhausting and uplifting.

Regards
Russell Landwehr
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

Mixnow3
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Mixnow3 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Thanks all. My wife is a non-musician and I'll show her all of these persuasive posts on the subject.

AdrianaLycette
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AdrianaLycette » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:15 pm

I agree with all of the comments above! Rally has brought everything to the next level for me because of the mentors I met there! The classes/panels are all amazing, and the people are some of the most welcoming, supportive group I've ever hung out with.

A plus to having your wife come is that she can attend classes and take notes while you attend another - that way you can come home with valuable notes that you wouldn't have been able to get (there are so many that it is impossible to attend every one that you will find interesting/helpful). Someone gave that advice to me so my (non musician) husband is hoping to come with me this year. :)
Adriana

johnlewitt
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by johnlewitt » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:41 am

A "huge learning tool"? Absolutely. So much so that you have to come a few times in order to really take advantage all that is on offer, as you can't take it all in in just one Rally!

John

sansharbour
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by sansharbour » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:28 am

The Road Rally

I didn't go for the first few years of my membership. Maybe because it was so far away and costly to fly out of Toronto. At least it felt like it was.

Then I decided to really commit to myself
Last year 2014, I attended my first Road Rally with eyes wide open.

I met a lot of like minded members waiting in the registration line. Lots of great stories. A bunch of songwriters in the same venue.
I, being new to the Rally could have probably mingled a bit more but I was there to learn.
I wanted to get better.

There are so many classes filled with info on getting you to see things in way you might not have thought about before. Mind boggling

What I came home with was a ton of valuable information which I have put to good use this year.
In short it is an awesome experience.

I will be there this year

Cheers
Don Lougheed