Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LesSampou
Impressive
Impressive

Seeking co-producer multi-instrumentalist to co-write with

Post by LesSampou » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:40 pm

Hello fellow writers,

I'm looking to increase my songwriting output. I'm looking for a prolific producer/multi-instrumentalists who works best with a melody and lyric writer who can act as co-producer. I have written the majority of my songs on guitar but for fastest output, my lyric writing is quickest, and I am slow at engineering. But I have years of arranging experience and produced and co-produced all of my albums.

I work with Logic. The ideal and fastest way to produce for me is to work with someone who can submit to me a "finished" song form which may or may not include melody idea.

My idea would be to scan the listings and see the styles that are being requested most and work accordingly? If you like that idea, that might be a nice place to start since it's all about supply and demand. Though I'm fairly new here, there seems to be very specific needs out there that continuously rise to the top and center around the same "sound-alikes."

Please go to my taxi profile below and scan some of my songs and let me know if you're interested .
Thank you!
Les

shwnkllymusic

Re: Seeking co-producer multi-instrumentalist to co-write wi

Post by shwnkllymusic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:31 am

Hi Les,

I really like your sound. I'm always looking for new collaborators and think your approach to tackling the leads that are highest in demand is a good one.
My music styles range from orchestral, atmospheric to more beat oriented songs. I play the piano, guitar(electric/acoustic), mandolin and synths. Feel free to check out my
soundcloud at http://www.soundcloud/shawnkellyproductions for samples of my music.

Thanks,
Shawn Kelly

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:47 am

Whew, some bold stuff on your Soundcloud, Les! Sounds really great.
Ceo of my own life

LesSampou
Impressive
Impressive

Post by LesSampou » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:25 am

Shawn, thanks, echo and calyx are good beds for lyrics of the ones I listened to of yours and i like you diversity. Let's email. Thanks for you interest and talk to you soon: LesSampou@LesSampou.com

LesSampou
Impressive
Impressive

Post by LesSampou » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:43 am

Hi Buzz, thank you. If you ever want me to sing and write lyrics for a country tune, let's chat; you got some nice ones up there on sound cloud! Also, ,how DID you get your profile music so nicely organized? Teach me!:)

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:17 pm

Tnx, Les. I might just take you up on that. I'm not an English native, so I struggle with lyrics and vocals.
Soundcloud is completely linear, what you upload last will be the first others hear. That's the thing.
Ceo of my own life

LesSampou
Impressive
Impressive

Post by LesSampou » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:19 pm

Ok do that!:) Sound cloud: you have your songs categorized under a heading: folk, vocals, etc. how'd you do that?

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:32 pm

LesSampou wrote:Ok do that!:) Sound cloud: you have your songs categorized under a heading: folk, vocals, etc. how'd you do that?
make "playlists" within soundcloud.

also the top 5 tracks are called the "spotlight" - and those can be 5 playlists as well as just tracks.

Some of those features might be "pro" features.

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:52 am

Kolstad wrote: Soundcloud is completely linear, what you upload last will be the first others hear. That's the thing.
yep... so, if you want your SC page to open/default to a specific track, you'll need to re-upload it;
and leave or delete the earlier version. However, you lose the stats for that track if you delete the originally uploaded one;
if that's an important feature to you.
Creating playlists of like-genre, or album collections, is another means of drawing attention to particular tracks.
Hope that helps.
Peter R.
(ed. jeepers... them fellers are quick... and had posted before I was done typing... :shock: 8-) )
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra