ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Sbuckner1115
Active
Active

ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES Forward

Post by Sbuckner1115 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:19 pm

Hot dog! I received a forward on my instrumental piece Journey To Tomorrow for the listing below. Not sure what happens next, but very greatful for the forward.

Steven :D

http://taxi.com/stevenbucknermusic

D150224IC

ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful Music Library with an amazingly long list of great credits for placements in Film, TV, and Commercials. Give them emotionally inspired, wonder-filled, Mid-Tempo Cues that could be heard in films such as Avatar, How to Train Your Dragon, Chronicles of Narnia, etc., etc., etc. Listen to the following Instrumentals to get an idea of the general style and vibe they’re hunting for: “Becoming One Of The People” by James Horner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrZowxV3M4U “Only The Beginning of The Adventure” by Harry Gregson Williams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_WQKUZn9OA “Romantic Flight” by John Powell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMmKARSV0VE Give them Cues that feature traditional orchestral instrumentation found in the above references. Your piece should start out on the lighter side with a sense of hope and optimism, then build into something larger with a sense of wonderment. Don’t submit anything dark or scary for this pitch. Non-lyrical choral elements could work well, but please don’t overdo it. We recommend sending Cues with a singular melodic theme and building on that as the piece progresses. Don’t overcomplicate your piece by trying to score “scene changes.” Stick to one motif and emotion from beginning to end. Cues that show you know how to use your virtual instruments/samples so they sound indistinguishable from the real thing will make you a hero in the eyes of this discerning company. All submissions should be at least 2 minutes long. Natural endings with no fades are recommended. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). Do not copy or rip off the referenced composers or examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide to get yourself in the general ballpark of the tempo, texture, and emotion. This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publishing, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure your material is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit one to three Instrumental Cues online or per CD no later than 4pm (PST) on Tuesday, February 24th, 2015. TAXI #D150224IC

eliforshort
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES Forward

Post by eliforshort » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:38 am

Nice track, Steven! Good luck.

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:54 am

Very nice Good luck
Ron
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

Sbuckner1115
Active
Active

Post by Sbuckner1115 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Thank you, very much appreciated!

Joseph
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Joseph » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:41 am

Congrats, Steven! I don't see your piece, though. Did you remove it from your page? What happens next is "write, submit, forget, repeat"

-Joseph

AnitaKristine

Post by AnitaKristine » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:36 pm

Congrats, Steven! I couldn't find your track either… soI listened to "Ghost Hunter" instead. Very cool track! :-)

~Anita

Sbuckner1115
Active
Active

Post by Sbuckner1115 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my track Journey To Tomorrow. I took it down for a moment on my taxi page to upload a new mix of the score. It is back up now.

Best,

Steven

bkolsmith
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bkolsmith » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:09 am

Wow - great job Steven!

I look forward to hearing more!

Brad

sansharbour
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by sansharbour » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:09 am

Epic sound Steven
Really enjoyed it

Best
Don

Sbuckner1115
Active
Active

Post by Sbuckner1115 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:12 pm

Thanks Brad and Don,

I just renewed my Taxi membership, so that makes me a Sophomore right? Anyway, I look forward to sending in some new tracks for the new tension listing posted today. However, I'm still learning this trailer and cue format. I find it challenging to know exactly what the screeners are looking for on these type of listings, even with the examples provided. My point is some of the videos have more dialogue then music which often times make it more difficult for me to know exactly what is needed. This has been a trial an error issue with my submissions with more on the error part. In a way, I wish the screeners were here in my studio while I'm working to let me know which direction I should go on a track. In the meantime, I guess I'll settle for my own thought process.

Steven :geek: