1/3 on Ghost Hunting listing.

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shanegrla
Impressive
Impressive

1/3 on Ghost Hunting listing.

Post by shanegrla » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:58 pm

I just found out my instrumental "Frightmare" (on my Taxi page) was forwarded to the ghost hunting show:

SIMPLE, GHOST-HUNTING INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed for NON-Exclusive Placements by the Music Supervisor of a Ghost Hunting-type Reality TV Show. They’re “hunting” (yes, pun intended) for Instrumental Cues that will a add sense of mystery, tension, and anticipation to scenes in the show. We’d like to stress the simplicity they need, and suggest that you don’t go overboard and work to impress them with your compositional or production virtuosity for this pitch. Quoting the source: “I need some of those Cues that are mostly ‘high end’ stuff (meaning upper registers)… really simply, nothing big and orchestral.” Please review the following Movie Themes to get a general idea of the simple, yet disturbing vibe they need, and note that these may actually have more instrumentation than what this show needs! Again, keep it simple!! Halloween Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP-jYiuDD9g#t=82 The Exorcist Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04EShclPAa0#t=158 Candyman Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahCdr7WeMpk Give them straightforward Instrumental Cues in ALL-TEMPOS that focus on a singular melodic theme. They’ll be looking for pieces that evoke fear, anticipation, excitement, and tension to the “Did-you-hear-that?” and the “Let’s run up the stairs after it!” type of scenes typically seen in paranormal-based Reality TV. Try pieces with a piano, harp, harpsichord, bells, or a de-tuned music box being the primary focus of your Cue. Please AVOID big orchestral Cues. Try interesting combinations of sounds. Maybe something like a wet finger circling a wine glass could work on top of a music box… try a closed hi hat doing ticks for the faster Cues… but don’t go overboard and add too much “stuff!” Remember, the simpler the better. Your Cues should be at least 2 - 3 minutes long, with buttoned/stinger endings, and lots of easy edit points. TAXI Tip: This show has already used music from a DOZEN or more TAXI members in the first episode alone! If you were one of those members who got called by this gent, and want to submit directly to him, just know that he has told us that he’s already backed up with extra submissions from just a few members! He’s also the show’s video editor, so his time is precious! You’ll probably have better luck going through our A&R team, as he told us something like, “I’m pretty much using everything TAXI is sending me.” This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor pitch! You’ll keep 100% of your Copyright and Publishing. You’ll also get 100% of the performance royalties. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Please don’t submit anything that’s already signed to any exclusive libraries or catalogs. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). All Submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis. No full critiques. Please submit 1-3 Instrumental Cues no later than 11:59pm (PST), on Friday, March 6th, 2015. TAXI #U150306IC

For comparison/contrast, my tracks " Ghost in the Attic" and "Ghost in the Hall" didn't make the cut.

Also, is it just me or did many other folks hear back from this one much sooner? I thought I saw in the last Taxi newsletter a story about someone who had success with a ghost hunting cue, and which they seemed to make it sound like was another one of several people who had also already had success with the same listing. I don't know if it was the same listing as this one, but I don't really recall too many ghost hunting reality show listings lately, other than this one. Anyone else just now receiving feedback on this one?

Shane
iMac 21.5" (2017) Intel Core i7 3.6GHz, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM
PreSonus Quantum 2 interface
Mac OSX 10.15.6
1 G-Drive Pro 4 TB
2 G-Drive 4 TB
ProTools 2019.9.1
Melodyne 4
Soundtoys Bundle 5
Omnisphere 2
Massey L2007
Superior Drummer 2
Komplete 11U

jonnybutter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: 1/3 on Ghost Hunting listing.

Post by jonnybutter » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:40 pm

I just heard back an hour ago.

{EDIT} I think this was the second listing for this show.. Congrats on your forward Shane
Last edited by jonnybutter on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eliforshort
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by eliforshort » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Hey Shane, just listened to your tracks, very cool stuff!

I just heard back from this listing as well, but I'm not sure about anyone else. I know PeterD just got some tracks on a similar type of show (if I remember correctly?) But I think that listing was from quite awhile ago.

-Elias

Joseph
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Joseph » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Congrats on the forward

-joseph

AnitaKristine

Post by AnitaKristine » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Hey Shane - congrats on the forward!

Nice track ! I really liked the ambient break down around 1:27 and the transition back in afterward.

I just heard back on that listing tonight as well, so I'm not sure if the newsletter story was referring to this listing… it may also be that the forwards were sent to the show's editor a few days after the deadline and the show selected their music before all the taxi results were posted. I would guess with all the listings, screenings and submissions, it takes a while for the results to get sent out. Either way, a forward is a good thing! Nice going!! :-)

~Anita

shanegrla
Impressive
Impressive

Post by shanegrla » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Thanks everybody for your comments. I think Elias must be correct, there must've been another listing awhile ago that was similar, as the consensus seems to be that we're all finding out about this listing at the same time.
iMac 21.5" (2017) Intel Core i7 3.6GHz, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM
PreSonus Quantum 2 interface
Mac OSX 10.15.6
1 G-Drive Pro 4 TB
2 G-Drive 4 TB
ProTools 2019.9.1
Melodyne 4
Soundtoys Bundle 5
Omnisphere 2
Massey L2007
Superior Drummer 2
Komplete 11U

bkolsmith
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bkolsmith » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:12 am

Great job Shane! Very spooky track.

I just got my notification last night that I had a couple of tracks get through. But I think there was another posting for something very similar a few weeks ago??

Brad.

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:43 am

Yeah Shane!!

~~Matt

shanegrla
Impressive
Impressive