Returns needing input

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Quintus
Active
Active

Returns needing input

Post by Quintus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:44 pm

Hi all,

The listing was U150306IC:

SIMPLE, GHOST-HUNTING INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed for NON-Exclusive Placements by the Music Supervisor of a Ghost Hunting-type Reality TV Show. They’re “hunting” (yes, pun intended) for Instrumental Cues that will a add sense of mystery, tension, and anticipation to scenes in the show. We’d like to stress the simplicity they need, and suggest that you don’t go overboard and work to impress them with your compositional or production virtuosity for this pitch. Quoting the source: “I need some of those Cues that are mostly ‘high end’ stuff (meaning upper registers)… really simply, nothing big and orchestral.” Please review the following Movie Themes to get a general idea of the simple, yet disturbing vibe they need, and note that these may actually have more instrumentation than what this show needs! Again, keep it simple!! Halloween Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP-jYiuDD9g#t=82 The Exorcist Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04EShclPAa0#t=158 Candyman Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahCdr7WeMpk Give them straightforward Instrumental Cues in ALL-TEMPOS that focus on a singular melodic theme. They’ll be looking for pieces that evoke fear, anticipation, excitement, and tension to the “Did-you-hear-that?” and the “Let’s run up the stairs after it!” type of scenes typically seen in paranormal-based Reality TV. Try pieces with a piano, harp, harpsichord, bells, or a de-tuned music box being the primary focus of your Cue. Please AVOID big orchestral Cues. Try interesting combinations of sounds. Maybe something like a wet finger circling a wine glass could work on top of a music box… try a closed hi hat doing ticks for the faster Cues… but don’t go overboard and add too much “stuff!” Remember, the simpler the better. Your Cues should be at least 2 - 3 minutes long, with buttoned/stinger endings, and lots of easy edit points.
My submissionsa were:
Photo, Black and White, Dark Room

Please check these on my taxi page.

Any thoughts or advice would be of great value to newbie me,

Regards
Quintus

Joseph
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Returns needing input

Post by Joseph » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am

I think these probably got returned because they sound more like tension beds rather than melodic themes. They are great tracks but I don't think they fit the listing perfectly.

-Joseph

Quintus
Active
Active

Re: Returns needing input

Post by Quintus » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:05 am

Hi Joseph

Thanks for your kind feedback, I'm still trying to find my balance musically with what the listing requires and what I submit.

Regards
Quintus