Best Apollo Unison Plugin?

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TimWalter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Best Apollo Unison Plugin?

Post by TimWalter » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:40 pm

Anybody have experience using the Apollo Unison technology to track recordings? I am brand new to Apollo, and looking at tne Neve 1073 preamp/eq plugin.. seems to be their flagship. I have a $100 coupon, which would knock the price down to $149, I think. People are raving about this plug in for tracking. Just wondering if any Taxi folks have some experience and advice?
Tim Wolf
Nashville

"Nashville-based Romantic Rebel singer-songwriter making alternative songs for those who need a second chance"

www.thetimwolf.com

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: Best Apollo Unison Plugin?

Post by andygabrys » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:26 pm

hey Tim,

I don't have an Apollo, but I do have a quad PCI card. So I can't track through the Unison plugs but they are still usable as mix plugins.

I have the new version Neve 1073 that I got for $39 - combination of a big sale, and a $50 voucher. I have all the earlier Neve stuff too.

Its great - but honestly, if it were me, I would wait for a coupon in your account, and wait for a sale.

All the UAD stuff goes on sale every month - this month its reverbs, next month its something else. They also have a couple sales each year where stuff is 10% off if you buy 2 plugs, 20% off if you buy 3 and 30% off if you buy 4 - stuff like that. They are running something like that currently I think - $299 for 2 plugs. $399 for 3 etc. Naturally these make sense if you buy the most expensive plugs, the ones that rarely go on sale - like the Ocean Way reverb modeler and the Fatso Jr. / Sr.

I have never paid full price for any of the plugins. If you can wait a bit, you can save big $$.

TimWalter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TimWalter » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:59 am

Andy
Thanks for the advice. I haven't been a UA user for long enough to understand their habits on sales, and your advice is very helpful. Thanks. I will wait for a killer deal.
Tim
Tim Wolf
Nashville

"Nashville-based Romantic Rebel singer-songwriter making alternative songs for those who need a second chance"

www.thetimwolf.com

Geno
Active
Active

Post by Geno » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:04 pm

I have The Apollo duo and bought the Neve 1073 preamp plugin back in November. SWEET is all i can say. I owned a Golden Age 1073 clone a few years ago and the UAD Neve sounds much better to my ears.