A Suggestion For TAXI Regarding Returns

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

zacnelson
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: A Suggestion For TAXI Regarding Returns

Post by zacnelson » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:41 am

Gee I would have thought it would be possible to have a sensible discussion about this suggestion without that kind of trash.

kclements
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by kclements » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:17 am

I understand what you are saying. I simply disagree with you.

Cheers
kc
kayle clements

When opportunity knocks, you better be dressed and ready to go!

clementunes.com | taxi | soundcloud

zacnelson
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by zacnelson » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:18 am

That's cool KC! It's alright, you spoke politely and didn't make any cheap shots.

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:22 am

For interest-sake alone, 'been following this thread.
If I had to wager a guess as to how "admin" might respond, my $$ would be that the subject in question will get addressed briefly, on-air, on a Monday Night Taxi-TV show; rather than a written reply/explanation/rebuttal... whatever might be forthcoming... here on the forums. And, I could still be incorrect about that. :? 8-)

fwiw, and from the cheap seats in the peanut gallery, everything that's come from headquarters resonates that the success of its members is always in the forefront and focus; and the integrity is impeccable. Other than that, there's room for improvement in just about everything and anything.

Cheers,
Peter R.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:12 am

Sorry Zac, I apologize for being rude, cheap and trashy! :oops:
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

kclements
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by kclements » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:45 am

fun songs wrote:...everything that's come from headquarters resonates that the success of its members is always in the forefront and focus; and the integrity is impeccable. Other than that, there's room for improvement in just about everything and anything.

Cheers,
Peter R.
I could not agree with you more, Peter. I hold Taxi (and Michael in particular) in the highest regard when it comes to integrity and looking out for its members. They are consistently putting us first and doing the right thing.

Please don't misunderstand my comments. It is only MY way of looking at the screening process. I don't know how Taxi views it, and it really wouldn't change anything for me to find out. When I get a return, I take the opportunity to learn what I can from it, and move on to the next. I don't consider that I could have changed one simple thing and got a forward. I'll get it next time. Or not.

I can say this, because of Taxi I don't have much time to submit to listings anymore - 95% of the stuff I write is already for a publisher I met via the Taxi process.

Write. Submit. Forget. Repeat.

Cheers
kc
kayle clements

When opportunity knocks, you better be dressed and ready to go!

clementunes.com | taxi | soundcloud

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:56 am

You know the best way to deal with this might be to put together links to 3 or 4 tracks that have met all the requirements of the listing except one simple easy to fix thing, and forward the links along with the listings and screener comments, to TAXI with a clear and polite explanation of your suggestion.

IF TAXI were to implement this, they would need to set up a rescreening process for the 1 or 2 tracks that might have this issue. I'm not sure how you could resubmit to a closed listing online, so they'd have to create a new listing and restrict submissions to only the members concerned... the logistics of how they would do that escape me, unless they had an FTP upload for that specific "fix & resubmit" listing and only those members involved got the information , and were required to upload the replacement track within 12 hours.. but then TAXI wouldn't get the additional screening fee.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

zacnelson
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by zacnelson » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:38 pm

I really think you're overcomplicating it Hummingbird!

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:07 pm

I've got a better idea.........

Forget about it and write more stuff.

~~Matt

Gypsygal
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gypsygal » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi Len & all - I just thot I'd jump in here and ask you to read the original suggestion again as it's a very, very simple point. The simple point that I got from the post and wholeheartedly agree with is that for minor changes/fixes it would be practical to request the composer do that fix. Just like any profession, you get requests.
And if you want to please the client, which one normally does, you do them as requested.
When I was a construction site sweeper, (true story) if I missed a section, or they suddenly wanted the back room done for some reason, I was not told to simply pack up my broom and go home, it was pointed out, and naturally I was asked to take care of that, and then my job was satisfactorily done.
I really don't see it as any different.
I'm too old to be doing everything in life as some kind of exam. This is about moving a career forward.
If I can do the job, I'll do it, and gladly. If you need me to do minor changes, heck just ask.
The only point here is, if the song was perfect (according to the screener) except for something reaaaaaallly minor, then
I would personally appreciate the opportunity to provide a product that answers what is needed. That's what it's about,
it's not about me. It's about putting what the client wants in their hands. Why should there be any resistance to that?
So that's my other 2 cents. That's 4 altogether. ha ha better stop here before i go totally broke.
I love Taxi and the team work. This is just a point of practicality, nothing more, nothing less. I think it's brilliant.
And yes, I would pay the extra fee for the screener to re-review. Gladly.
Cheers, Diane