We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BenjaminDerclaye
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: CREEPY, TENSION-FILLED UNDERSCORE

Post by BenjaminDerclaye » Wed May 27, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to keep you in the loop and thank you all for your feedback on this listing and submission. I got the good news today that three of my pieces have been forwarded for this listing.
It's a really nice feeling to be able to come here, ask and get the feedback that this community provides. Sounds corny as hell, but one, at least I couldn't do without it.

THANK YOU. Now lets all pray to the music supervisor-gods for the best.
Cheers

Benjamin

caloop

Post by caloop » Thu May 28, 2015 8:56 am

Benjamin,

Really nice work here, I like the track. I submitted two cues for this and they were both forwarded so fingers crossed. That to say, I spent quite a bit of time on this particular listing trying to get an appropriate 'vibe.' For what it's worth, I disagree with the 'glock-haters,' that can be a creepy instrument, but I would have put some kind of 'warble/underwater' treatment on it to contain some of its bright qualities. The only thing that hit me as slightly out of place was the slide trombone at 0:20. No matter what context, it seems that a trombone slide will bring in a comedic element, not what you want here. I do like it later on when you introduce more layers and it's not so up front in the mix.

That's my two cents worth, but a great track all in all!

Cale

caloop

Post by caloop » Thu May 28, 2015 9:37 am

Congrats on the forwards, forget everything I just said! :D

vitalspark

Post by vitalspark » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:07 am

Hi Benjamin, sounds cool! I'm not sure if you got it forwarded yet but it ticks the right boxes. This is one that i submitted which did get forwarded, they main reason they said was that it had a simple melody. I submitted another one which had a less obvious melody and that was not forwarded.
Cheers
Jim (Vital Spark)

https://soundcloud.com/vital-spark-publ ... e-darkness
Jim Thompson (Vital Spark).