Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LisaK
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

URGENT - Missing Listing

Post by LisaK » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi Guys
Went to submit a song to a listing just now but wasn't able to find it anywhere. I saw the listing in an email which I received about 10 days ago, the link in the email takes me to the Taxi home page. Unfortunately I was waiting on a master coming back so wasn't able to submit before today, and today is the deadline so I'm only just realizing it's not actually there. Have called Taxi and left a message but wondered if anyone might have any insight in the meantime. The listing in question is below....
Thanks all
Lisa

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SULTRY SONGS with FEMALE Vocals are needed by a Music Supervisor for a NON-Exclusive placement in an Independent Film. Please submit alluring, Down-to-Mid-Tempo Songs in the general stylistic wheelhouse of acts like Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Creatures, Mazzy Star, etc., etc., etc. Please listen to the following song references as a general guide for the seductive vibe they need:

“Trust In Me” by Siouxsie and the Banshees:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbytZCT4Cy4

“Killing Time” by The Creatures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6lUgHJFTqQ

“Fade Into You” by Mazzy Star:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImKY6TZEyrI

TAXI Tip: The most important thing to note about the referenced songs is the vocal approach, and not necessarily the song itself.

Quoting the source: “This is for a scene where a woman is seducing a couple. The song needs to be seductive, tantalizing, and smooth. The main focus should be on the sensuous vocal delivery. Lyrics that are steamy and seductive in nature are a huge plus, but not totally needed if the sultry, seductive vibe is right.”

Please submit well-crafted songs with a captivating, immediately engaging vocal performance, with a smooth, come-hither vibe. Lyric themes about temptation, desire, and seduction could work really well for this pitch, but they’re not absolutely necessary if the overall feel of the song captures the persuasive and lustful vibe they need. Universal lyrics will work best, so please avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for feel, tone, and vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

The estimated license fee for this use is $500 - $1,000, depending on the ultimate placement. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music-Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% of your Master and Composition rights, plus you’ll also keep 100% of the sync fee and 100% of the Writer’s share. You need to own or control your Master and Copyright. All Submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI screener handpicked by the film’s Music Supervisor. No full critiques. Please submit one to three Songs no later than 11:59pm (PDT), on Sunday, April 26th, 2015. TAXI #U150426SS