Two listings for the same scene?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BenjaminDerclaye
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Two listings for the same scene?

Post by BenjaminDerclaye » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:13 pm

Just out of curiosity, aren't these two listings exactly the same? I know the references differ but the attributes and the scene is exactly the same.
Thoughts?

SOLO PIANO and/or SMALL ENSEMBLE CLASSICAL INSTRUMENTALS (Public Domain and Original) are needed by a Music Supervisor for a NON-Exclusive placement in an Independent Feature Film. They’re open to Solo Piano, or an Ensemble no greater than a quartet. Submit refined, Mid-Tempo Instrumentals in the general stylistic wheelhouse of great composers like (but not limited to) Chopin, Mozart, Debussy, etc., etc., etc. Please listen to the references to get a sense of the cultured sound they need: “Nocture Op. No. 2” by Chopin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E6b3swbnWg “String Quartet No. 14 in G Major” by Mozart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GP5uStDN0o “Piano Trio in G Major” by Debussy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCPsPypRrg0 Quoting the source: “This is for a scene of a boring, proper restaurant. It’s supposed to be in stark contrast to the themes of the film, which are risqué. The material shouldn’t draw too much attention to itself, but should definitely set a mood.” Submit well-performed Instrumentals (Original or Public Domain) that can give this scene a refined sense of boredom (see quote), which will be used to counter subject matter of the Film. Your submissions need to sound like they’re being performed by real players. Material that sounds stiff, synthetic, or MIDI-driven won’t work for this pitch. Also, please avoid overly ambitious musicianship. Rather, give them material that can unobtrusively set a mood. All submissions should be between 1:30 to 4 minutes in length. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). The estimated license fee for this is up to $500. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music-Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% of your Master and Composition rights (for originals), plus you’ll also keep 100% of the sync fee and 100% of the Writer’s share. You need to own or control your Master and Copyright (if you submit an original composition). All Submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI screener handpicked by the film’s Music Supervisor. No full critiques. Please submit one to three Instrumentals no later than 11:59pm (PDT), on Monday, May 4th, 2015. TAXI #U150504CL

New Listing CONTEMPORARY SOLO PIANO and/or SMALL ENSEMBLE CLASSICAL INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Music Supervisor for a NON-Exclusive placement in an Independent Film. They want original, Down-to-Mid-Tempo Classic Instrumentals that could be found on the same playlist as acts like Clint Mansell, The Kronos Quartet, Yiruma, Sarah Chang, Charles Abramovic, etc., etc., etc. Please review the following references as a general guide for the vibe they need: “The Last Man” by Clint Mansell ft. The Kronos Quartet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUgC6215Gko “A River Flows In You” by Yiruma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsTjI75uEUQ “Melodie” by Sarah Chang and Charles Abramovic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az2NxAucRdI Quoting the source: “This is for a scene in a boring restaurant, so ideally the material should cater to the humdrum nature of the scene. A solo instrument like piano or violin could work well, or a small ensemble, but it should be current and authentic.” Please submit well-performed Instrumentals that sound like real, talented, believable musicians. Any material that sounds stiff, synthetic, or MIDI-driven won’t work for this pitch. Also, please be sure to avoid musicianship that’s overly complicated and could distract from the scene’s dialog. Keep you submissions subtle, subdued, and reserved. All submissions should be between 1:30 to 4 minutes in length. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). Do not copy or rip off the referenced artists or their music in any way, shape, or form. The estimated license fee for this is up to $500, depending on the ultimate use. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music-Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Master and Composition rights, plus you’ll also keep 100% of the sync fee and 100% of the Writer’s share and any applicable performance royalties. You need to own or control your Master and Copyright. All Submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI screener handpicked by the film’s Music Supervisor. No full critiques. Please submit one to three Instrumentals no later than 11:59pm (PDT), on Thursday, May 7th, 2015. TAXI #U150507CI

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: Two listings for the same scene?

Post by andygabrys » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:14 am

doesn't look the same to me:

first one is impressionistic / older style

second one is contemporary

look at the a la's.

could be for same music sup, maybe same film, but different uses.

Gypsygal
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gypsygal » Mon May 04, 2015 7:36 pm

I was a little confused on the latest batches of piano/ensemble classical and contemporary classical....
There are 3 separate listings (I think just 3 ) and two of them say classical piano or classical ensemble,.
and those 2 are for the boring restaurant scene.

and then one is for the medical device ad, which has the Glass and Moby ref tracks. Which isn't looking for
classical but is looking for contemporary classical, and "CLASSIC" instruments ...wow i nearly fainted
when i tried to figure all that out.

By the way, I think your pitch for the medical device ad is stellar.
I think you really nailed the spirit they are looking for.

Cheers, diane

www.taxi.com/dianeridaeus

BenjaminDerclaye
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BenjaminDerclaye » Mon May 04, 2015 11:02 pm

Thanks Diane,

Unfortunately I didn't make the deadline. According to a group of people my first minute was a bit too dark and dissonant and I couldn't make the changes in time. Hopefullly something similar will come up soon. :-)
Funny that, reading the listings correctly is still more difficult to me than actually writing the music. :-)

I'll get there, one day..

I hope :-)
Cheers
Benjamin