ORIGINAL TV COMMERCIAL STYLE INSTRUMENTALS - Is My Cue Ready

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Anders
Impressive
Impressive

Re: ORIGINAL TV COMMERCIAL STYLE INSTRUMENTALS - Is My Cue R

Post by Anders » Thu May 28, 2015 2:53 pm

Your track sounds great, I really like how the ending turned out.
Surely there will be plenty of opps for this.

Thanks for sharing the progress this whole thread is really helpful, of course the ML input was awesome.

Did you use any other "mastering plug-in" besides Chiarelli's MixBussLite?

/Anders

RonKujawa
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: ORIGINAL TV COMMERCIAL STYLE INSTRUMENTALS - Is My Cue R

Post by RonKujawa » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:34 am

Sorry I missed the mastering question... I used two pluggins for mastering, The Glue hitting at about 3-5 db reduction and that goes into MixBussLite with enough gain that the loudest parts of the cue are hitting the red LED pretty good, but not totally solid.

Also wanted to update anyone following this thread... I unfortunately did not get a forward for this listing. That was pretty disappointing, especially after all the direct input from Michael in this thread. The screener thought it was a strong cue but felt the vocalization could have been scaled to make room for dialogue.

Even though I didn't get a forward on this, I feel like I have come out with a really strong cue that will find a home. I did a new mix based on the screener's comment and after listening again. I tried to do a slightly more gradual buildup of the vocalizations.

https://soundcloud.com/ronkujawa/packin ... -uplifting

Thanks again to all those involved in this thread. You helped me make a much stronger cue than I would have on my own. I hope this process was half as helpful to someone else as it has been to me.

Ron