Getting really discouraged about submission returns...

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Getting really discouraged about submission returns...

Post by Casey H » Thu May 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi Jim
In addition to the fantastic advice already given, consider collaboration with other members. You can build relationship with collaborators here on the forum and by attending the annual road rally in November.

So many of is, myself very much included, increased our success level by leaps and bounds by working with others. Maybe you've got that great melody and lyrics but need someone who really knows how to produce it more 'a la' and contemporary... Maybe your writing is better than your production or vice-versa... Whatever it is, 2 heads (or even 3!) are better than one.

I have about 10 songs signed to a major LA library that is a big Taxi client. All of this due to collaboration with other Taxi members.

Collab can be true co-write, paid work for hire production, or some combo of both.

So build relationships with Taxi peers!

Best of luck!!
:D Casey

mobster85
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by mobster85 » Fri May 15, 2015 6:47 am

Dont get discouraged. Listening to the people on this Forum will enhance your sound and writing. These folks are all about sharing and caring. Good luck.

jmkSlyder
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jmkSlyder » Fri May 15, 2015 2:23 pm

More thanks to Peter, Casey, and Bob for reading my post and for your encouraging comments!

John Michael Karnatz

PaulBergren
Impressive
Impressive

Post by PaulBergren » Fri May 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Hey John, Welcome to the forums. I am also knee deep in this learning process. Don't get discouraged, but be patient and persistent. You can do it. I second Andy's recommendation regarding Robin Frederick's books. They have lots of great information on how to create songs that buyers want. Good luck!