Professional Mixing Engineer

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JakeShives

Professional Mixing Engineer

Post by JakeShives » Fri May 22, 2015 11:00 am

Hello everyone;

My name is Jake Shives, I am a Professional Audio Engineer.

I have two college degrees; One of which is a degree in Audio Engineering and the other is a degree in Music Production.

I have over 10,000 hours of in-studio experience and have worked with some fantastic artists within that time.

Here is a list of some of the more notable clients that I work with:

-Herschel Boone (Vocalist for Kid rock)
-Sonia Lee (World renowned Violinist: Paul Mccartney)
-Stewart Francke (Soul singer from Detroit, One of Bruce Springsteen's favorite artists)
-Thornetta Davis (Bob Seger Silver Bullet Band)
-Laura Creamer (Bob Seger Silver Bullet Band)
-Barbra Payton (Bob Seger Silver Bullet Band)
-Karen Newman (Voice of the Detroit Red Wings)
-Jill Jack (Record holding singer/songwriter for the most Detroit Music Awards won-to-date)
-Keri Lynn Roche (3x American Idol Hollywood Contestant)
-Mike Leslie (Lead Guitarist of CandleBox)

I feel very fortunate to have worked with these people as well as the many other lesser-known projects that I work on.

I want to continue to branch out and form relationships with new artists, and thought that this TAXI FORUM would be a good place to start.

In my time as an Engineer, I have found that a lot of great songs are neglected simply because of poor presentation (Poor Production and/or poor Mixing).

This happens on both full length records as well as Demo's and Ep's.

When you record something, even something that is not expected to be in final form, it is highly and hugely important that it is presented in the best way possible.

I would like to propose my Mixing services for the Artists who would rather not stress about how to use a compressor properly, Etc....

If anyone on this forum would like to form a relationship, I would like to Mix your song, demo, Ep or Lp.

I am certified in the use of Protools, and I am also certified in the use of Waves Plug-ins.

I use Protools 11HD and the Waves Mercury bundle on a daily basis.

And I Mix with some amazing analog outboard gear, (Neve 1073 Equalizers, 1176 Compressors, La-2a Compressors, Manley Compressors, Manley Massive Passive Eq., Etc...)

Of course, these brand names of gear always make people assume that I charge an arm and a leg to mix a song, that is factually untrue.

If you are interested in having a professional Mix your song(s), I am the guy to do it. Shoot me an e-mail describing your project and your budget and Im sure that we can work something out.

The music comes first, it always has for me. I would love to help you present your music in the best way possible so that you have the best chance possible for placement or sales.

Here is my E-mail Address for anyone who has a question and/or would like to work together: JakeShives@Gmail.com

Thanks for your time guys, I look forward to hearing back.