Hello...

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SteveJCurtis
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hello...

Post by SteveJCurtis » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:11 am

Hey Ben.
Cool tracks on your soundcloud and nice guitar playing.
And like Russell said, Ben Church sounds WAY better a handle.
Cheers/Steve

sansharbour
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by sansharbour » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:03 am

Ben

Welcome to the Taxi Forums
Here you will learn quite a bit through reading posting etc.
It really is a great place to be for a creative musician

BTW it is very refreshing to hear a folksinger.
Nice stuff

Don

PS I agree with everyone about the name change

Apathy87

Post by Apathy87 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:30 am

Russell - thanks very much, nice to know you think there's potential! I enjoyed your stuff as well, what I've heard sounds very slick and effective. Not to mention that's been my first introduction to 'hick hop' - something of an eye opener!

Not to mention thanks to everyone for giving me a listen too and for the positive feedback. It's been interesting listening to everyone and seeing a small cross section of what's out there. I remain as determined as ever and I'm about to start mixing a track for my first submission, will post a link to it when it's done.

As far as the name goes, I'm happy to change it. I never really thought about it before, just went with what I've always used out of habit. One question - how do I change it? Do I just have to sign up with a brand new account and start again or can I get the current one changed? I've had a look in the UCP and can't seem to find anywhere to change it. Perhaps its an admin only function?
'Guitar groups are on the way out.' - Dick Rowe of Decca Records, rejecting The Beatles.

Website | Soundcloud

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:41 am

I think you'd have to create a whole new account.

You could keep it, that's entirely up to you. But if you do keep it, I would suggest putting your name in your "signature."
Or at least signing every post with your name (I often have all three)

There is something very important about making sure your name is seen often. It's that name recognition thing.

Yes there are many people here in the forums that have a handle. But they are usually something very related to their music. I thought of joining with a handle, but before I signed up for the forum, I read some very compelling posts or comments from Michael Laskow regarding using your actual name at the very least in your signature. It had to do with a professional presentation.

All the best
Russell Landwehr
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

BenChurch
Active
Active

Post by BenChurch » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Yep, I take your point - as you may notice! Just getting past the first few moderated posts so I can post freely again...
'Guitar groups are on the way out.' - Dick Rowe of Decca Records, rejecting The Beatles.

Website | Soundcloud | Taxi