Samplitude anybody?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mladendomic
Impressive
Impressive

Samplitude anybody?

Post by mladendomic » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:08 am

Just curious:
does anybody here use Samplitude for DAW?

RockChild56
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Samplitude anybody?

Post by RockChild56 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:41 am

Yes, Pro X2 and I love it. I just wish I could get Independence to work better on my system.
E J Bell

mladendomic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mladendomic » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:03 am

Hey, Rock,
I tried Independence once and decided not to use it. I didn't like it. I much better like Revolta which came with Samplitude.
The old Hypersonic and Alchemy 1.25 are OK for the synth part of the sounds I regularly use.
I'm glad you appreciate Samplitude.

RockChild56
Impressive
Impressive

Post by RockChild56 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Yea Samplitude is Awesome, the thing I want to use Independence for is the strings and brass.
Vita has a few good instruments but Independence is also a sound sampler. If I could get that figured out then the sky is the limit.
E J Bell

mladendomic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mladendomic » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:18 pm

Alchemy is well explained through manual. You can combine audio (.wav) and synth VA (saw, square, sine, triangle), using 1 - 4 channels simultaneously.
I'm sure Independence is also well documented, but I just didn't like it.
Alchemy comes with huge number of instruments, sounds and templates.
Don't have time to know everything about everything :-)

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:34 pm

No I don't have it, always thought though that it would be a choice daw, because it has a lot of stuff I had to buy wavelab for with Cubase.

I bought Independence, the one up from free so I could use it as a real life sampler because I didn't have one. My sampling didn't work out so well, but not because of Independence ;)

The manual for Independence could have been written better for sure, once you get the mapping figured out, and how to label your samples so it will do most of the work for you it's fairly straightforward. Even though there are disk stream options, with wav or aiff files if you fill every zone with a sample, you can bog down enough to have to split say a piano in five instruments,lol!! At least for me, I only have 2gb memory.

That was my first and only time working with a sampler as a sampler and not just player mode. So I have no comparisons.
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Alchemy had a better manual, but also had better video tutorials. Independence doesn't have any video tutorials I'm aware of, and the manual was left over when they acquired them from Yellow. That's the big drawback imo, Magix doesn't offer as much as it could in support as far as documents and tutorials. After I bought Independence from them, they never email me of anything besides their consumer division products. :shock: The professional division seems more like an empty closet in the backroom somewhere, and though the book keepers deposit money that comes in, it's as if no one knows really what goes on or what they do,lol!

mladendomic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mladendomic » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Len911 wrote:Alchemy had a better manual, but also had better video tutorials. Independence doesn't have any video tutorials I'm aware of, and the manual was left over when they acquired them from Yellow. That's the big drawback imo, Magix doesn't offer as much as it could in support as far as documents and tutorials. After I bought Independence from them, they never email me of anything besides their consumer division products. :shock: The professional division seems more like an empty closet in the backroom somewhere, and though the book keepers deposit money that comes in, it's as if no one knows really what goes on or what they do,lol!
Yes, I have similar impression. Once I bought 2 copies (CD's) of "Music Studio" from Magix and they sent me (by post) just one. After I made contact to them, they were startled and didn't know how to react or what to say. So they decided to just ignore me. I never got the second CD or money back. And I expected a lot more from Germans.

But it's still a good product. Manuals could be better written.

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:20 pm

mladendomic wrote:
Len911 wrote:Alchemy had a better manual, but also had better video tutorials. Independence doesn't have any video tutorials I'm aware of, and the manual was left over when they acquired them from Yellow. That's the big drawback imo, Magix doesn't offer as much as it could in support as far as documents and tutorials. After I bought Independence from them, they never email me of anything besides their consumer division products. :shock: The professional division seems more like an empty closet in the backroom somewhere, and though the book keepers deposit money that comes in, it's as if no one knows really what goes on or what they do,lol!
Yes, I have similar impression. Once I bought 2 copies (CD's) of "Music Studio" from Magix and they sent me (by post) just one. After I made contact to them, they were startled and didn't know how to react or what to say. So they decided to just ignore me. I never got the second CD or money back. And I expected a lot more from Germans.

But it's still a good product. Manuals could be better written.
:lol: I never had to deal with them, mine was all automatic and computerized, yes it was just an impression, I probably shouldn't have said the last part, it was just a gut feeling :o otoh I wouldn't give up trying if I were you, someone might just venture into that dark closet and mail you something worth your while to shut you up, there I go again, lol!