Pro Tools track presets/template/Vi

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Pro Tools track presets/template/Vi

Post by lesmac » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Some do and some don't so for those who don't know…here is a tip I found on creating 'track presets' in Pro Tools

You can create channel strips with your fave plugins or templates of track groups etc and bring them into your session via the new track dialogue window.

Some other DAWs do it automatically but this is the Pro Tools workaround.

Go to the 'users ' folder on your main drive;>documents;>Pro Tools. You should see other folders there like IO settings, Session Templates, Plug-in maps etc

In among those folders create a new folder called 'Track Presets'
Inside that folder will be where you put the preset you make in its own folder. [You can have a group of presets in the one folder such as a 'vox folder/preset with a backing vox preset in there as well.]

Back in Pro Tools set up your template how you want it i.e. your channel strip with all its plugins or your multitimbral VI routing, then choose from the file menu 'save as template' but click the button that says 'select location'. Navigate to the new track presets folder and inside it create a new folder and choose the name you want for your new preset.

I would save the session just in case something didn't work and then open a new one to see if your preset is there.

In the new treack dialogue under track type you should see your new preset at the bottom of the list. :D

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: Pro Tools track presets/template/Vi

Post by andygabrys » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:14 pm

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Pro Tools track presets/template/Vi

Post by lesmac » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:10 pm

Well done Andy, free is always good. I can't check the vids you posted properly as I'm nearly/probably out of data on my phone-[studio connection], and my laptop at home is without it's power supply with under 15% on the battery. The power supply is 100 miles away atm.

The vid I watched was 'Expert tips and tricks' by Rishabh Rajan. Its an ASK video.

Will check it out. There might be a copy on youtube.
A picture paints a thousand words….then why can't I…..OOps sorry :D